07-30-2015 06:34 PM
32 12
tools
    There's been a lot said in the squares vs circles debate. Microsoft are adamant that people are circles. I don't have a problem with this at all. I think it doesn't look too bad, especially the animation when opening a contact.

However, what does this mean for the People app live tile? It's so cool on WP8. I always assumed that it was static on Windows 10 because it was a minor detail - sonmething they would get around to later. But if people are circles, then surely the live tile won't be the same as what it is on WP8. Hardly a dealbreaker, but just something small that I'd want Microsoft to keep. I can't see it happening though. It wouldn't be consistent with the rest of Windows 10.
    xandros9, aXross and jabtano like this.
    06-27-2015 04:16 PM
    There's been a lot said in the squares vs circles debate. Microsoft are adamant that people are circles. I don't have a problem with this at all. I think it doesn't look too bad, especially the animation when opening a contact.

However, what does this mean for the People app live tile? It's so cool on WP8. I always assumed that it was static on Windows 10 because it was a minor detail - sonmething they would get around to later. But if people are circles, then surely the live tile won't be the same as what it is on WP8. Hardly a dealbreaker, but just something small that I'd want Microsoft to keep. I can't see it happening though. It wouldn't be consistent with the rest of Windows 10.
    I would say that won't be a problem because I would say that all they are doing is masking the corners of the pictures.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-27-2015 04:20 PM
    I kinda don't like it because circles don't play well with WP in my world.
    You know, everything was edgy since forever, and then - circles. Doesn't make much sense.
    And the best part, it doesn't even look cool or good, or anything similar. It's just ... a picture.
    06-27-2015 07:12 PM
    According to this, I was worried about nothing! I'd love to see this new live tile in action...
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-01-2015 04:31 AM
    However, what does this mean for the People app live tile?
    Live tiles will be the next feature to go, 6-12 months you'll here "we've noticed phone users prefer looking at static icons and a making a strategic change to adopt this look."

The incoming call shown here makes so little sense to me, why waste so much screen area?
    azervii likes this.
    07-01-2015 07:19 AM
    Hey! I have an alternative idea for contact pictures. Hexagon profile pictures! If you like please vote!
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-01-2015 06:07 PM
    Hey! I have an alternative idea for contact pictures. Hexagon profile pictures! If you like please vote!
    I am very conflicted about this idea...

It has potential to be absolutely gorgeous IMO,
    azervii likes this.
    07-01-2015 07:28 PM
    I put this idea as feedback. But unfortunately I can't paste the link. If you like the idea please search for hexagon in windowsphone.uservoice.com and vote.
    07-02-2015 03:36 PM
    I put this idea as feedback. But unfortunately I can't paste the link. If you like the idea please search for hexagon in windowsphone.uservoice.com and vote.
    I didn't like this idea at first but then I read your suggestion and I think the honeyomb effect would look super cool. I gave you 3 votes :)
    I doubt they will be willing to change at this stage, though. Windows 10 is about to be released.
    07-02-2015 04:04 PM
    When I upgraded from 8.1 I was horrified to find the people I had pinned as live tiles were circles. But they were there in the smallest tile size too. However, they didn't function at all.

I found when I pinned them from the new people app they came out square and then worked. But on the smallest size the photo goes away and you just get a small people tile icon. People notifications are not working either.

Now I have my pinned people as medium tiles in a large folder. The effect is like that of the 8.1 live people tile.
    07-02-2015 04:22 PM

Does this link answer your question
    Personally I think the new circle people app live tile animation.
    07-02-2015 04:42 PM
    I didn't like this idea at first but then I read your suggestion and I think the honeyomb effect would look super cool. I gave you 3 votes :)
    I doubt they will be willing to change at this stage, though. Windows 10 is about to be released.
    Check out the new people tile animation
    07-02-2015 04:44 PM
    Live tiles will be the next feature to go, 6-12 months you'll here "we've noticed phone users prefer looking at static icons and a making a strategic change to adopt this look."

The incoming call shown here makes so little sense to me, why waste so much screen area?
    Check out the new people live tile
    07-02-2015 04:45 PM
    According to this, I was worried about nothing! I'd love to see this new live tile in action...
    This is the new live tile in action can't believe alot of you people haven't seen it yet.
    Quhi likes this.
    07-02-2015 04:49 PM
    that's a lot prettier than I thought it'd be

not sure if I like it more or less though
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-2015 04:53 PM
    Is that in this build? My people app tile is static.
    07-02-2015 07:36 PM
    Is that in this build? My people app tile is static.
    10158, from the emulation image. You can't install it your phone though.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-02-2015 08:06 PM
    Circles are nice contrast from the harsh squares and rectangles of the ENTIRE os I hope they stay
    neo158 likes this.
    07-02-2015 08:09 PM
    It looks really out of place.
    xandros9 and Kram Sacul like this.
    07-02-2015 08:35 PM
    10158, from the emulation image. You can't install it your phone though.
    I get build numbers confused between the PC and phone.
    07-02-2015 11:06 PM
    Circles are nice contrast from the harsh squares and rectangles of the ENTIRE os I hope they stay
    I've got someone that put a quote on his profile photo. Now I can't read the dang thing. Then there are those people that use photos posing with someone else or their dog, thus chopping off faces and such. It alters the artistic intent of the image's creator.

To be sarcastic I'll probably redo mine to have a square that fits within the circle.
    a5cent and xandros9 like this.
    07-02-2015 11:10 PM
    that's a lot prettier than I thought it'd be

not sure if I like it more or less though
    Oddly, I like it but still hate it at the same time. The rolling around at least works with circles.

If your avatar was on a profile photo on the phone it would look like someone had a scope crosshairs on that cute dog.
    07-02-2015 11:34 PM
    In a effort to differentiate Windows 10 from previous releases someone concocted this half-baked idea. These polka dots have no place in this design.
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    07-03-2015 03:23 PM
    As it stands, I think squares are by far the better option for the live tile...
    jabtano likes this.
    07-12-2015 06:33 AM
    In a effort to differentiate Windows 10 from previous releases someone concocted this half-baked idea. These polka dots have no place in this design.
    That would account for most of the bizarre and poor design decisions in W10. Wireframe/hollow icons, the round iOS style toggles and of course the circle profile pictures which add nothing. There's a difference between keeping things new and fresh and just changing things for the sake of changing.
    07-12-2015 09:49 AM
32 12