Build 10149 and Glance Screen

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
They would work if you upgraded from windows phone 8.1, then performing a hard reset with the windows 10 build installed, then you won't have access to glance screen, touch setting which will always crash, and other system settings that didn't come with windows 10, ( ie. The ones in extra settings icon within the setting)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well ..when you flash from 8.1 directly the extra apps are listed correctly within the settings menu.
After a hardreset the settings apps will not be published in the settings area but in the app list. Some of those will work ones upon activation and disappear from that list as well. Looks like Win10 cant publish those properly in either the app list or the settings list. This problem existed with all build though

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Another hard reset for me and Glance is back. I am not updating any apps via Store Beta nor gonna turn on Glance. I am going to leave everything as it is after a hard reset, check battery life and then play with settings to see if there is something that affects battery life or is that just as 10149 is.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
My 1520 is back on 8.1 now, just put 10149 on my 920 from 8.1 with no hard reset, will see how that goes before loading the 1520 again.
​Be interesting to see how battery life is without glance on,

docangle1

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The trick that worked for me was to Install 'SysApp Pusher', find 'Glance' when it asks which store, use the Store Beta. Install 'Glance' and it will show up in the App List (Only until you restart your device, at which point it will disappear again, but in the meantime go into your App list and pin Glance to your Start Screen) even when you restart you can access via the pinned version but as stated will disappear from your App List.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The trick that worked for me was to Install 'SysApp Pusher', find 'Glance' when it asks which store, use the Store Beta. Install 'Glance' and it will show up in the App List (Only until you restart your device, at which point it will disappear again, but in the meantime go into your App list and pin Glance to your Start Screen) even when you restart you can access via the pinned version but as stated will disappear from your App List.
great idea. will try that if I have to hard reset for some reason. For now I live without the ability to access it. Somebody above posted that while you can access the glance screen you actually cannot change anything on it, such as night settings and color, just show or not?
PS: I do not believe glance screen is responsible for battery drain. For me the main culprits under battery saver are the store app and the music app (huge library).

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The app is not longer available in the beta store... Microsoft removed it.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The app is not longer available in the beta store... Microsoft removed it.
sysapp pusher is available here under the old store app. I installed it last night.

edit: never mind. I misread your post. Indeed, glance is not available in store beta anymore and installing it from the old store doesn't work because it already installed.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I get glance right after hard reset and can set it up, thou only time and notifications. but as soon as its updated via beta store its gone from the extra list.
I am still testing my battery life and checking out what causing battery drain, it was a 7% loss per hour on average during my night sleep so something must be eating into it. Right now I have my focus on touch (high sensitivity and double tap to wake) or cortana. Will have to test for one more day, then I can test with glance ON again.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Here, this is how my extra menu looks like right after a hard reset and not updating app via beta store.

Note, it is not a "glance screen", but just "glance."

I even tried installing glance screen from SD card, but no luck.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150629_0001 1.png
    wp_ss_20150629_0001 1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 2

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
No the store is working fine for me, I think its due to the fact that the glance app is not available anymore in the store beta as stated by users before my post.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Its not, but it still gets updated in store beta, so it must be "somehere" on the servers :) the only problem is that is disappears from the menu, maybe the trick to "pin it to the start" would work, but I will only be able to test this later in the day when I can perform another hard reset.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I believe my battery drain was not connected to glance, but to Cortana.

Therefore I am doing another hard reset and will pin glance to start meni before updating via store beta and hopefully this will keep the setting available. Otherwise I will just enable it, set as I like it and update via store beta. This will remove it from Extras but it will stay enabled.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
After going back to 8.1 and upgrading to 10149 without any hard reset I have glance options and have disabled it.
Now I can find out how it really performs battery wise, still Music app seems to make the phone run hot and battery run down about 1% per minute.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Interesting...any way of uninstall music app as I dont use it? I think I've read once an article how to uninstall system apps but forgot...

or its enough to just disable it in battery saver?

PS, did you update glance in store beta and its still available?

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
FYI, glance cannot be pinned to start, actually nothing from Extras menu cannot be pinned to start.

There goes my plan :/ I guess I wont update it now and just let it be.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It only drains when using it so if you don't use there is no need to uninstall or block in battery saver.
I often use my phone when walking to work or in office so don't want battery to be killed before midday.

I didn't look for glance, I don't want to tempt fate by checking store for it or touching it at all now it is off.

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the solution: search "glance screen windows phone store" in MS Edge, then click on "install", open with "Store", not the beta, and then it will install it. After that, go to Extras>Glance Screen and you can turn it off or on. Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo