Problem upgrading from 8.1 to 10149 Lumia 1520

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I said. Maybe if you have nothing useful to add to the thread you shouldn't say anything? Keeps threads clean and useful. Thanks.
Says the guy who started a thread with a fresh install of 8.1 but can't upgrade to the latest technical preview software when the answer is obvious.

Ya... Good job buddy.. Lol.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Says the guy who started a thread with a fresh install of 8.1 but can't upgrade to the latest technical preview software when the answer is obvious.

Ya... Good job buddy.. Lol.

****, if you're so clever and the answer is so obvious to you why don't you enlighten us? I hope your name is ****, because you sure sound like one. ​

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Wen u try to install it gives that error code and ask u try again, delete the page restart the phone goto update and try again it will download all over and prep for installation then u hit the reset button, pls make sure ur phone storage is left with about 2gb before u download again, hope this works

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wen u try to install it gives that error code and ask u try again, delete the page restart the phone goto update and try again it will download all over and prep for installation then u hit the reset button, pls make sure ur phone storage is left with about 2gb before u download again, hope this works

Thanks. I tried this a few times and still it didn't work. I have almost 25gb of free space on phone so I doubt phone storage is an issue. I used WPRT to install 8.1 then setup my phone without restoring anything, downloaded Windows Insider and selected Insider Fast. Phone downloads the update properly and then give me the option to Install. It starts installing and then I get :-( and it reboots back to 8.1.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is what I did -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to try that thing with the refrigerator :D It was turning the wheels for more than 30 minutes and when rebooting it turned itself off. Then when turned on it turned the wheels a bit more and turned itself off again each time I tried. I don't know why MS does not make the install image available via WPRT, with a special option to check for previews instead of WP8.1. An installation would be a matter of seconds instead of this torture.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Someone on the forum suggest I try it, since he/she had done so and it was successful. I don't know if it's really necessary but the steps I followed lead to a Windows 10 Mobile 10049 build that's running fantastically on my Lumia 1520.
Makes sense. Are you having any issues with heat so far?

YeankahP

May 29, 2014
Visit site

What do u mean by 'Delete the page'

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
put phone in refrigerator. LOL!
When the phone displays an empty battery sign while updating it's because it overheated, not because the battery is empty. So putting the phone into a fridge is actually a good idea :D It happened to me yesterday and then I had to rollback, because nothing else seemed to help. If the phone were in the refrigerator it might have worked. I am going to try it today, just for the fun of it.

ETA: I hate to bring this up, but I was updating my brother's Note 4 to Lollipop and it went very quickly and without any glitch or overheating while updating WP is always one big PITA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss