Build 10149 - I finally get it

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When Windows 10 Tech Preview was announced, I actually bought a Lumia 635 just to test it. A few weeks later, I added a second hand L920 as well. Things were - unstable - to say the least. I found myself backdating to 8.1 just to update to the newest build. There were many times I thought MS was loosing progress as some of the build were more unstable and had fewer features.

But 10149. I finally get what they are doing. This is the first build that feels like a major upgrade from 8.1. Menus are now all one color, the new store is looking really good (though I wish they would add "More from..." links back). Love the flashlight quick action. The new larger start menu is nice too. It finally uses the whole screen and minimizes the bezel. I think that was an issue selling WPs in the past, many people didn't realize the screens were larger than what the tiles covered.

I'm even starting to warm up to the pill toggles and new iconography. Oh and the notifications look better as well.

While I'm still testing battery use on this new build, I think I may take the plunge and update my daily driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos