Mobile hotspot problem Windows 10 Build 10149?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I s it possible to share data using Mobile Hotspot? Nokia 630 Dual Sim, sim 1 calls & sim 2 is data only.

Phone is unlocked - works; widows 8.1.x. Is there a way to make the phone a Wi-Fi hotspot?

Thanks in advance

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I s it possible to share data using Mobile Hotspot? Nokia 630 Dual Sim, sim 1 calls & sim 2 is data only.

Phone is unlocked - works; widows 8.1.x. Is there a way to make the phone a Wi-Fi hotspot?

Thanks in advance

Seems to work fine for me on 10149 - L1020.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Works on my 640 but I noticed it does tether slow speeds will connect to my Xbox one with slow speeds. On my 635 it connects fibe with fast speeds

Just a note tho my 640 tethered with slow speeds on both 8.1 and 10, even swapped my 640 for a new one still tethering slow speeds

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
You have to pay for this feature from your wireless provider correct? I have Verizon and a lumia icon, the mobile hotspot is there and connects but the internet does not work when connected, I imagine my plan doesn't support it. I think Verizon charges an extra 20/month for hotspot capability.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
You have to pay for this feature from your wireless provider correct? I have Verizon and a lumia icon, the mobile hotspot is there and connects but the internet does not work when connected, I imagine my plan doesn't support it. I think Verizon charges an extra 20/month for hotspot capability.

Nope. Not in my case, use unlocked/unbranded phone. The sim card is specifically for internet/mobile data.

Should be able to use it even without data... Back on 8.1

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Not in my case, use unlocked/unbranded phone. The sim card is specifically for internet/mobile data.

Should be able to use it even without data... Back on 8.1

Interesting the last time i used mobile hotspot was in 2010 with an HTC Android Incredible. I had no internet or even the possibility of internet at my new house so i decided to use my phone as a hotspot. Then i found out that i had to pay for it. Verizon gave me tethering for $20/month extra with an additional 2GB of data to use as hotspot. Then i found out that wasnt enough and had to opt for the highest plan which was 10GB/month for $80/month and additional 10$/gb after that. With this plan verizon sent me a hotspot wireless adapter thing. It was just a small rectangular plate the was about a 1/2" thick by about 3"X2" that i would charge and then turn on near my computer to use a wireless hotspot. This lasted about 2 months.

Flash forward to 2015 and i havent used or tried to hotspot since then. I'm not sure how wireless companies do it now, if you still have to pay for it etc. Based on what i read online is that, yes, in the US especially if you want to use your phone as a hotspot you must pay additional fees. Or have a plan that comes with it, like the Everything plan from Verizon. Maybe you can provide some additional information on the subject?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I use post paid mobile broadband, no wired phone or internet since 2008. Sharing done through WiFi modem, or connecting to a computer (usb tethering; which not supported by ms).

The way it should work is as follows:
Turn the hotspot on and it broadcast the SSID
Use the SSID name and password and you are good to go.

The problem is Mobile hotspot is was NOT toggling to ON..

I am back on 8.1.

Thanks for the responses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720