Which Camera App Should We Be Using On Windows 10?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the 640 and I'm using the default Lumia Camera as my camera. I remember reading that this abd the 830 has Lumia camera 5 on it by default right? Or is it that with those phones we have to use Lumia Camera beta which is Lumia camera 5?

Also I'm noticing when I use the default lumia camera on windows 10 after a while the new pics I take will not show up in the photos app. Should I be using Microsoft Camera or Lumia Camera beta? Will that get them to show up in the photos app?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Please try and report your findings also to Microsoft (Windows Feedback app).
There are some reports that using a SD card can give some problems.

Basically all the apps should work but due to the preview some may have a "bug".

Thanks.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I believe for Windows 10, Microsoft will have merged the Lumia Camera (from the store) and the default Microsoft Camera in an attempt to give every phone access to the same type of camera app. You can already see this in the current build, as the default camera app looks a lot like its Lumia counterpart.

For the best compatibility, I'd use the default camera app Microsoft provided instead of the Lumia camera. I think that's your best bet in terms of working the best.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The 640 and 640 XL have Lumia Camera 5 out of the box.
The 830 only can use Lumia Camera 5 with the Denim update. (so definitely not out of the box which was a big disappoint for many 830 buyers)
Lumia Camera Beta is Lumia Camera 5 with some updates.
Furthermore the 929(Icon)/930 and 1520 on Denim can use Lumia Camera 5.
And the devices with Lumia Camera 5 can also use the Lumia Camera Classic (which is the Lumia Camera 4.x)

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The 640 and 640 XL have Lumia Camera 5 out of the box.
The 830 only can use Lumia Camera 5 with the Denim update. (so definitely not out of the box which was a big disappoint for many 830 buyers)
Lumia Camera Beta is Lumia Camera 5 with some updates.
Furthermore the 929(Icon)/930 and 1520 on Denim can use Lumia Camera 5.
And the devices with Lumia Camera 5 can also use the Lumia Camera Classic (which is the Lumia Camera 4.x)

now that's a mouthful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss