Is it the end of Linked Inboxes?

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just installed Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview on my Lumia 1020. Other than the performance issues (which there are many) I am struggling to find the option to link inboxes - they way it was possible in Windows Phone 8.1. Is it the end of Linked Inboxes?

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
There is Outlook Mail app now where you are adding/syncing your accounts.

I'm missing universal folders in this app where all accounts messages will be listed.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Hopefully not. I know I've personally been trying to upvote every single feature request that mentions it, hopefully if more people do the same Microsoft will see they need to bring that feature.

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll be gutted if we lose this feature. I have stayed loyal to WP since 2010 for the things it does right. It seems we are losing all the unique features one by one. The People Hub was shafted in 8.1, Linked Inboxes are on their way out. If it is going to become an android clone then I might as well get an android phone - or maybe its time to consider an iPhone for the decent stock apps. It would be a shame coz Windows 10 for my surface pro and xbox one is so promising, would hate to lose the synergy.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I find it amusing how people cry and then "threaten" to buy and Android or iPhone, all because some beta software on an alpha OS is missing a feature and all of the sudden its proof that WP is killing features left and right.

BTW, you can link accounts via Microsoft account settings on your PC. For instance, I get my AOL mail with my Outlook mail account.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
BTW, you can link accounts via Microsoft account settings on your PC. For instance, I get my AOL mail with my Outlook mail account.

Is that from the Microsoft Account settings in Windows 10 Preview on PC?

Also, does it allow you to reply from your AOL account when the message was sent there?

I don't currently use Linked Mailboxes on my phone, but what you mention could be useful for me, as I have about 4 email accounts that I actively use at the moment, but this could be worth me doing if it works across Windows 10 PC and Mobile.

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Was just saying how I felt tangledW. You know as well as I do that we live with the app gap between Windows and Other platforms for the things that Microsoft does right with their platform. I have seen Microsoft's new Outlook app for Android and comparing that to the W10M version may indicate where the W10M version may be heading.

As with the linked inboxes, I had my work emails grouped into one inbox on WP8.1 and private in another. Linking them via Microsoft account or 365 account does not offer me the same functionality e.g., being able to identify the mailbox in which the emails have arrived or being able to reply with the appropriate email address.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Is that from the Microsoft Account settings in Windows 10 Preview on PC?

Also, does it allow you to reply from your AOL account when the message was sent there?

I don't currently use Linked Mailboxes on my phone, but what you mention could be useful for me, as I have about 4 email accounts that I actively use at the moment, but this could be worth me doing if it works across Windows 10 PC and Mobile.

No, although it may be able to be set there, I don't know. I linked them years ago via account settings on web.

glich610

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Im really missing that feature as well. I liked that universal inbox where it shows everything. Im using outlook now with all my 3 accounts sighned it, I still have to switch to each one to check email

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Was just saying how I felt tangledW. You know as well as I do that we live with the app gap between Windows and Other platforms for the things that Microsoft does right with their platform. I have seen Microsoft's new Outlook app for Android and comparing that to the W10M version may indicate where the W10M version may be heading.

As with the linked inboxes, I had my work emails grouped into one inbox on WP8.1 and private in another. Linking them via Microsoft account or 365 account does not offer me the same functionality e.g., being able to identify the mailbox in which the emails have arrived or being able to reply with the appropriate email address.

In my opinion, we should be overly critical over this pre-release and unfinished O/S.

Why?

Because now we have a chance to put it right and not doing so would be shooting our feet off as later it may be too late.

Microsoft of course will want to move forward with their vision, there is nothing wrong with that however if that vision comes at an expense of features that made windows phone great then we need to tell them that is not the right way to go about it. A combined voice is louder than a single person in a mute crowd.

Unfortunately Microsoft has a habit of over-reacting and just chopping off the entire tree as opposed to just the dead branches just to start over from a fresh sap. Primary example, placeholders they take OneDrive to a level of functionality that is impossible to pass up... but the new versions have all or nothing sync approach and that just doesn't work at all (imagine accidently syncing a 10gb folder on a 16gb tablet...:grincry:).

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just installed W10 on 1020, I cant seem to add a new account, I open the outlook app, clicking on add account does nothing. I would also like linked inbox as I have 8 email addresses!

Camera doesnt work at all either :/

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues adding new accounts. The new linked inbox works but it is buggy. It had trouble getting mail every now an then. The live tile message count is way off also. I am happy though to finally have a linked inbox.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was happy when I saw the linked inbox feature in the recent update for outlook mail on W10M. But so far I've had it crash every time I've tried to use the feature. Reported to the feedback app and hope they get it working.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just got an update for Outlook Mail on 10M and now linked inboxes seem to be working! Very nice. :) Now maybe it can come to Mail for PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077