Its 8am, my 1520, 10149, I'm goin' in.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Jazmac, weren't you the one that was out of the build experiment because Windows 10 build killed one of your tablets? lol

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I loaded it up one final time and it was good. Installed my files and it was looking pretty good. I thought, finally. I am going to be able to work with my 1520 and Windows 10. Looking great.

But I made the mistake of launching the calculator app and that's when this all came crashing down. The calculator app began to simply flicker uncontrollably. The screen was unresponsive and was tough to turn off. When I got to the desktop again, it would not scroll and when it did it was in sections and not at all smooth anymore. I did a restart and when I put in my pin, the screen would simply shimmy. The battery was full when I did the install but inside 10 minutes the battery was at 10 percent. It was still full, but it would show 10 percent and battery saver kicked in and the system shut everything down abruptly
So I'm back on 8.1.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Jazmac, weren't you the one that was out of the build experiment because Windows 10 build killed one of your tablets? lol

Yes, the same one. I'm still hopeful because I got a lot of history with MS. Tablet still broken but on the mend.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You know that your problem stems from letting your phone see the picture you posted saying "And it will be worth it". Heck, even my 928 started to shimmy when I held it up to show it your picture and it's running 8.1. Oh well, the picture was worth the scare.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
People posted - a hard reset made thing better for them . I wonder if you gave it a try too.

Three times I did a complete reset. It was working beautifully for about an hour. I launched the calculator app and it set off a chain reaction on my 1520 like I've never seen before. Completely unstable. What worked great is the recovery tool and recovery of my apps, text messages etc. Don't leave your home screen without it.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Three times I did a complete reset. It was working beautifully for about an hour. I launched the calculator app and it set off a chain reaction on my 1520 like I've never seen before. Completely unstable. What worked great is the recovery tool and recovery of my apps, text messages etc. Don't leave your home screen without it.
The hard reset made things worse for me. Ended up rolling back to 8.1 and redoing 10149 install

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
one question to 10149 please...where is the cortana tile? i cant find cortana neither on the all apps list, nor on the beta store or elsewhere..how can i get back that tile?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss