Why did I roll back from W10 10149 to WP8.1

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
That's a good list, I hope you have submitted it to Ms?

I am in two minds, I can just about live with the battery drain and I can't be bothered to roll back so holding out another week or two...

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain, overheating. I always install the next build and always remove it in a couple of days. At least now I know that the best place to put the phone during the upgrade is a refrigerator.

Einreb Serolf1

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I like the latest build 10149 on my Lumia640XL.No issues except for the Quite hours blinking,which in fact doesn't make any diferrence on battery life.Yes, it drains a bit faster than 8.1GDR2,well i will let it sit till the next build.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the latest build 10149 on my Lumia640XL.No issues except for the Quite hours blinking,which in fact doesn't make any diferrence on battery life.Yes, it drains a bit faster than 8.1GDR2,well i will let it sit till the next build.

Same here on my 1320 & I'm really liking it. Happy I gave it another shot.... so far.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Ummm, Windows 10 for PC is released this month but what about phone version? Anyone has any clue on when it's going to be released?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, Windows 10 for PC is released this month but what about phone version? Anyone has any clue on when it's going to be released?
It's planned to release to OEMs at the end of september/early october. Then it will take a while until the devices are certified by carriers. First devices will likely arrive in November. If you're in a country where carriers control what you can and can't get, it could take longer, depending on the carrier you're with.

Mark Di Biasio

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same experience as Victor, except I own a Lumia 925. As Victor highlighted, I have multiple email accounts and Windows 10 both on the desktop and phone makes it a chore to switch accounts. Gone is the inbox count for new mail in your other accounts or unified inbox of Window 8.1.
The overall app lagging is annoying, but understandable. In many places the screen size of the notification bar is too tiny to read. It is a time consuming choir to restore the phone to W8.1, as the Windows backup doesn't save the start screen or any of your app settings. Wish Microsoft would allow an image backup of the phone, instead of the piecemeal method it has in place.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
It's planned to release to OEMs at the end of september/early october. Then it will take a while until the devices are certified by carriers. First devices will likely arrive in November. If you're in a country where carriers control what you can and can't get, it could take longer, depending on the carrier you're with.
This is what microsoft calls 'unified' experience. Till that date PC will already have gotten 300 updates and 2 new service packs. Microsoft, what are you doing?!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This is what microsoft calls 'unified' experience. Till that date PC will already have gotten 300 updates and 2 new service packs. Microsoft, what are you doing?!
The fact that Windows 10 for Mobile is being released after Windows 10 for Desktop is common knowledge. I'd rather that they get this one right than rush it to match the desktop. The Mobile version is rumored to be RTM this fall.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

That's actually not what MS calls unified, but it is how the tech illiterate press sometimes misunderstands and reports it.
These are in fact two separate OSes, which is why a separate release date makes complete sense. The term "unified" applies to the app store, the shared ecosystem, similar UI design language, the sharing of many identical OS components (but not everything), and a few other things. It's a big deal, but it's not about being the exact same OS. Same applies to Windows for IoT devices, although that OS shares even fewer components with its larger brethren.

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
People still do not yet grasp the idea of the TP.

You do not wait for a good build to jump on..... what help does that do? reviewing nearly finished product?

You should jump in on the program, and try to give as much feedback as you can in order for us to reach a nearly finished product more quickly.

Two different paradigms

Agreed. The problem is most people install TP on their main phone and it has to work fairly well out of the box. Of course, MS warns us against it but who listens (reads) the directions...hihi

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs