Overheat issue on 10149 and Lumia 1520

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a overheat issue using WM10 10149 after two hard reset. Don't know why the overheat. Does anyone know a workaround without downgrading? I am not going back to 8.1. This build is pretty stable compared to the previous one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here on my 810 my phone would get hot on normal use. What you can do Is rest your phone and start over without selecting a backup
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed a overheat issue using WM10 10149 after two hard reset. Don't know why the overheat. Does anyone know a workaround without downgrading? I am not going back to 8.1. This build is pretty stable compared to the previous one.

Is the camera shutter open when you look at it on the back of the phone (I'm assuming here the 1520 has a physical shutter like other phones with high end optics)

If it is, have you tried opening the camera app and then closing it, to cause the shutter to close?

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry if I sound dumb asking what do you mean by looking at the back of the phone for the camera shutter?

I'm not 100% sure if the 1520 has one, but some phones have a physical shutter on the camera. If you look at the back of the phone when the camera app is closed, there should be a cover over the camera sensor, when you open the camera app this piece of plastic moves out of the way to allow the camera to start taking in images.

Some people have noticed that their shutter was open until they went into the camera app, and then exited it - When it's open the phone is still running the camera in the background and this could cause extra heat and battery drain.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok... No I do not have this issue with the camera app or the shutter. It overheat just running normal apps. I do not even play games or do intense tasks. By just checking the forums or checking Twitter, it will overheat.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
This may or may not help but go to battery saver settings,battery usage and take off all the background permissions on everything you can,now that there's no background work the phone won't heat up as much ;)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
This may or may not help but go to battery saver settings,battery usage and take off all the background permissions on everything you can,now that there's no background work the phone won't heat up as much ;)
Didn't think about that... Will check it out... Thx!

Endja

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
No solution here, but hey, you can make the best of the worse things, get some eggs and you can fry them :amaze:

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed something estrange... My phone was not in use, the display was off and I touch the back of the phone and was pretty but pretty hot. I have to put the phone under cold air to cold down the back. But never saw a phone so warm and not even using it.

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nokia 1320. The overheating comes in fits - shuts down, restarts, I do nothing, it overheats again, etc. The only thing that seems to get it out of the cycle is to unplug it from a charger and shut it off - which takes several attempts, sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon