Can Lumia 640 run windows 10 smoothly??

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it last night and it is not laggy, and I didn't brick my phone. I did get a weird error message that had to do with my SD card and that I haven't seen on the forums, but I worked it out. I think I will do a post about that.

It's pretty good, the only blip I notice is some lag pulling down the action center from a locked screen, and that is only occasional.

There are other things that are bugging me--I can't set up Cortana because the screen with the acceptance button at the bottom won't scroll for me! So I can't proceed past the initial "Let's get some info from you first". Also, I am hacked that I have to do that at all, what happened to my notebook from 8.1? So that's a bummer. Can't see my schedule on the Outlook calendar live tile unless I use the largest size, which I don't love. Little stuff like that, but I am really enjoying playing around with it, it's got some cool stuff for sure. It's got a definite learning curve.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Running smoothly on mine only minor bugs which is to be expected. The latest build is the best and most stable build yet

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been running windows 10 on my 640 for about a year with little problem. But the problem of having only 8GB of device storage may eventually rear its ugly head- I no longer have enough storage to do further updates, so am stuck. Perhaps sticking with just the production builds or slow ring should give you a stable version to stay at for awhile. Good luck!

Francisco_dAn

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by njstol01
I've been running windows 10 on my 640 for about a year with little problem. But the problem of having only 8GB of device storage may eventually rear its ugly head- I no longer have enough storage to do further updates, so am stuck. Perhaps sticking with just the production builds or slow ring should give you a stable version to stay at for awhile. Good luck!

Yes, stay with the production builds and make use of a SD Card to store media and some of the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon