Lumia 520 Always repeat restarting when install windows 10 mobile

Lukman Hakim7

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
i have a problem in installing win 10 mobile in my lumia 520, it only appears "2 gears installing screen" when installing then my device always restarting, any help guys :unhappy::unhappy:
before i get this infinite restarting, my device got maybe 65% installing process
P.S. : when i pullout my usb charger from the device, the device is turn off, not restart :(
thanks and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
On my 521 I had to remove my SD card to get Windows 10 mobile to install. (And I had to use the recovery process and start over after the failed attempt.)

Once I got it installed I was able to put the SD card back in and reformat it.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I did on my 1520 to fix this -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK) (Don't think this is important. Just start fresh with 8.1)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

Lukman Hakim7

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Here is what I did on my 1520 to fix this -

1. Flashed Indian ROM (from HK) (Don't think this is important. Just start fresh with 8.1)
2. Didn't restore anything.
3. Deleted all 3rd party apps.
4. Installed Preview for Developers.
5. Completed all updates.
6. Installed Windows Insider and selected Fast Ring.
7. Downloaded build 10049.
8. When installation started (gears screen), put the phone in the refrigerator. It got to 100% after about 30 minutes and got stuck. Removed SD card and installation completed successfully!

thanks for ur advice, can u pls give me a link about flashed indian rom ?

Hasan Chocor

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello !

I did face this issue with my lumia 1520 , it keeps restarting after opening the gear logo ! and the it all starts after failing the update with a battery sign ! the only way to come back from this is to use lumia recovery tool ! flash your device back ! its a bit tricky but u can actually manage to do this with no problem !

After u do ! make sure u cool your device because the overheating issue is causing all the problem ! it is 100000 % guaranteed WAY ! i have bin there and i have done that and it worked !

Lukman Hakim7

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello !

I did face this issue with my lumia 1520 , it keeps restarting after opening the gear logo ! and the it all starts after failing the update with a battery sign ! the only way to come back from this is to use lumia recovery tool ! flash your device back ! its a bit tricky but u can actually manage to do this with no problem !

After u do ! make sure u cool your device because the overheating issue is causing all the problem ! it is 100000 % guaranteed WAY ! i have bin there and i have done that and it worked !

thnaks for advice mate trying to complete download the recovery files no, (it always fail -_-)

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It was suggested to put the phone in the fridge during the upgrade, I am surely doing that today after the failed upgrade yesterday. And I had the overheating issue more than once. I hope I won't forget my phone there :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss