Updating Issues ? Read this and fix it !

Hasan Chocor

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

am pretty sure that most of you guys have overheating problems while updating and if not successful u are receiving multiple error messages !

Earlier i posted that my lumia 1520 was not updating and it was giving a error code that not many people came across . i did try to update 4 times and each time it was pointless and once i had to recover because my phone would not turn on !

However i felt that the issues could be the actual overheating of the phone itself so i did something that is pretty too basic but i can tell u now ! IT WORKS !

i have a fan back at home and after downloading the phones update AGAIN i actually placed the fan on top of my phone and i was telling my self how dumb i was for trying that !

But guess what ! it went all in ! and it WORKED ! 100 % and the new build was installed ! After doing my research being a computer science student my self i actually got my friend's lumia phones and tested them just to be certain !

THE RESULT WAS AMAZING ! Among 5 Lumia phones tested ! The once cooled down with the actual fan and a bunch of other cooling methods and yes i did stick one of the phones in the damn fridge just to be again 100 % sure ! and all of them updated without any issue after failing without cooling .
i took it another step further and i found out why overheating affects such updates ! apparently Nokia have had a fail safe mechanism that is disconnecting the battery once the phone overheats to a certain point ! and that is why most of people who had problems saw a battery with a question mark or a battery drained or a low battery sign during the update and afterwards it failed !

IF YOU do have this issue please try the solution and post your results .

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Um, a fan won't fit in my pocket ;-) though, I've thought of a heatsink. The Nokia overheating continues on and off well into post-update. And, once it starts, it's hard to stop the cycle of overheat, shut down, auto-reload, overhead, shut down, etc.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I put my 920 in a ziplock bag and place it in the freezer/fridge. No shutdown and no throttling. Battery drain seems lower as well.
Just don't take the phone out of the ziplock bag until it reaches room temperature unless you want some serious condensation to build up. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss