Windows 10 Mobile MMS Straight Talk

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been able to get MMS working ever since I first upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. I have a Lumia 820 on Straight Talk with the BYOP program. I'd like to know if anyone else has been able to get it working and how they got it so.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to get MMS working ever since I first upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. I have a Lumia 820 on Straight Talk with the BYOP program. I'd like to know if anyone else has been able to get it working and how they got it so.
in the build(10080) there was no place to add the mms apn but there is in 10149. in settings go to network & wireless>cellular & sim. I named my sim Straight talk but you don't have to. when you tap on that you will see properties. tap on that then scroll down to "+ add internet apn" and "+ add mms apn". put both of those in and hit "save". then back out to previous page. tap both the "internet tfdata" and the" mms tfdata" then hit "apply" on both of them. it took my mms about a half hour to kick in. this worked on my 930 with the same settings I've used for years. if mms doesn't work after about a half hour, try deleting and re-adding it. be sure to hit the"apply" button and it also helps to restart phone. edit...sorry the pics are out of order

Last edited:

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
tap both the "internet tfdata" and the" mms tfdata" then hit "apply" on both of them. it took my mms about a half hour to kick in. this worked on my 930 with the same settings I've used for years. if mms doesn't work after about a half hour, try deleting and re-adding it. be sure to hit the"apply" button and it also helps to restart phone. edit...sorry the pics are out of order

Yeah, I've tried repeatedly and still can't get it working. I'm using the same settings I've been using since I got this phone. tfdata, mms-tf.net, mms3.tracfone.com, port: 80

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Verizon lte with strait talk. I just upgraded to build 149 from 8.1 on my icon. All I had to do was select default carrier in apn settings. Everything works including mms. I did not hard reset rather I removed all my apps one by one and reinstalled them from the beta store. On 3rd day and phone is fairly stable, at least enough for the next build. Hope this helps 😉

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Verizon lte with strait talk. I just upgraded to build 149 from 8.1 on my icon. All I had to do was select default carrier in apn settings. Everything works including mms. I did not hard reset rather I removed all my apps one by one and reinstalled them from the beta store. On 3rd day and phone is fairly stable, at least enough for the next build. Hope this helps 😉

The Verizon Straight Talk works a little differently than the GSM sim. With the Straight Talk AT&T or T-Mobile sim you have to input the apns. Sounds like your phone is doing well on the new build. I am really pleased using it on my 930.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon Straight Talk works a little differently than the GSM sim. With the Straight Talk AT&T or T-Mobile sim you have to input the apns. Sounds like your phone is doing well on the new build. I am really pleased using it on my 930.

Yes I am also very pleased. Battery drain is a bit higher but for every day casual use it's working great. Very impressive for the fourth release of a alpha operating system. Microsoft is looking good on this one hehe

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am also very pleased. Battery drain is a bit higher but for every day casual use it's working great. Very impressive for the fourth release of a alpha operating system. Microsoft is looking good on this one hehe

My battery life is also taking a hit but I'm ok with it. Things improve with each build.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you could help me. I have a 640 XL (unlocked generic) on t-mobile. I need to add an MMS APN. I have the APN name and the MMSC URL and I assume the MMSC port should be 80. I don't have the WAP Gateway URL and the WAP Gateway port which I appear to need or I can't get the phone to save my input.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
<TED>

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you could help me. I have a 640 XL (unlocked generic) on t-mobile. I need to add an MMS APN. I have the APN name and the MMSC URL and I assume the MMSC port should be 80. I don't have the WAP Gateway URL and the WAP Gateway port which I appear to need or I can't get the phone to save my input.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
<TED>

Are you using straight talk T-Mobile or a regular T-Mobile sim? On straight talk both ports are 80. I think mms proxy for ST T-Mobile sim is 216.155.165.40. Not entirely sure since i use the AT&T ST sim.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you using straight talk T-Mobile or a regular T-Mobile sim? On straight talk both ports are 80. I think mms proxy for ST T-Mobile sim is 216.155.165.40. Not entirely sure since i use the AT&T ST sim.

I'm using a regular T-Mobile SIM. I'll give those parameters a try.

Many thanks!

<TED>

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Well here is an odd update. I read on a thread about switching a Verizon phone to Windows 10 and using it on T-Mobile. In HSPDA mode, it wouldn't send MMS if "use cellular data" was on. Before trying to add a manual APN, I decided to try that on my phone (even though I am in an LTE area) and it worked fine. Not sure if that will work on the cellular network alone, but I will try that next.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb