Anyone else's Lumia 930 become crazy hot and go through rapid battery drain on Windows 10??

tanvrhakim

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I took the plunge and opted for the fast ring technical preview on my 930. So far, I absolutely love it, despite the quirkiness of the OS at this stage. However, I noticed that with medium to heavy use, my phone gets extremely hot extremely fast. I was wondering if anyone else faced this problem, if so, is there a way around it? (besides rolling back to 8.1). Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Icon and run into this randomly. icon / 930 are kissing cousins 😉 facebook messenger, edge and actually making a phone call the most common culprits on mine. Generally settles down when I close each in the task manager. I'm not rolling back though, I'm riding the whip to next build lol.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem on my 920 with HERE Drive+. The heat and battery drain is so extreme that it drains even while connected to the car loader.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue with my 830. I disabled Search and the Store Beta running in background (Both were using almost 40% of the battery) and it ran much better after this. Not perfecly, but way better.

Wienen

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the TIP!!

Beta Store was draining my phone as well. I'm using a 930.

Hopefully now my phone wil last a bit longer.

tanvrhakim

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Can't access background apps

Thanks for the tips guys. Every time I try to access the background apps in settings, I'm redirected to the start screen or the app list. Any work arounds?

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Quite impressed with W10 on my 930 despite the obvious quirks, however more issues continue to pop up as the days go by, the latest being that this morning my alarm didn't go off, so I'm rolling back to 8.1 but I'll probably give it another go when the next beta comes out as there is a lot to like in WM10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99