My wish for the first 10 days of August and beyond

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
With the release of Windows 10 coming on July 29th it is my wish that within the first 10 days of August we see a major new Windows 10 Mobile release that works a whole lot better than what we have so far.

I've tried every new build and keep going back to 8.1. With each new build I do a clean install and I've done it with a hard reset and without. I keep having problems. With 10149 I have SMS issues. I will send and people won't get them or I can't receive any until I do a battery pull.

I think in my case that despite what Microsoft says Windows 10 Mobile isn't for the Lumia 635 and like devices with just 512mb of ram and 8gb of storage.

I will continue to try each new build leading up to the final release this fall and hope I find one that I can use on a daily basis. I'm also hoping to see some definite plans to release new high end devices running Win10. I've come to like Windows phone and don't want to have to go over to the dark side (Apple).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Like you, I have a Lumia 635 ... BUT, my daily driver is my Lumia 1520 (the 635 is a backup device)

IF you see the potential of Win10, try it on a flagship device (YES, the Lumia 1520 is still a flagship).

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I have a Lumia 635 ... BUT, my daily driver is my Lumia 1520 (the 635 is a backup device)

IF you see the potential of Win10, try it on a flagship device (YES, the Lumia 1520 is still a flagship).

I appreciate your comments. I bought the 625 as a backup to my Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I wanted to try Windows phone. I dropped the Note 2 twice and the screen is splintered in one corner. With the talk of new flagship devices on the horizon I don't want to spend $250+ for a 1520 just for a few months.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Isn't for the lumia 635? It's a <edited>damn pre-aplha os. Not even ready for daily use. The entire point of these builds is to place feedback, not to opt out of 8.1 and hope to upgrade to a stable build. Wait for rtm before you jump ship.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited by a moderator:

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Isn't for the lumia 635? It's a <edited>damn pre-aplha os. Not even ready for daily use. The entire point of these builds is to place feedback, not to opt out of 8.1 and hope to upgrade to a stable build. Wait for rtm before you jump ship.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I have no intention of jumping ship yet. I would have thought by now the builds would have been more stable. I expected the core features to work. I know they have been putting everything into the desktop version and that's why I'm hoping we will see a major new build early in August.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786