View Poll Results: Would you buy An Android powered Microsoft Phone?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 5.26%
  • No

46 80.70%
  • Only if Windows 10 Mobile Cancels

8 14.04%
07-07-2015 03:24 PM
45 12
tools
    To this day I will not buy an HP product because they killed the Palm Pre I wanted to buy days before it was to be released.
    07-04-2015 09:29 PM
    #Lumia4life
    libra89 likes this.
    07-04-2015 10:01 PM
    Nope. Not android. Maybe iOS powered Microsoft phone if it were possible. Not android because I no like the fact that Google hasn't made its services like YouTube, Google maps and Gmail made available on windows phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2015 10:14 PM
    No!
    Over here in Nigeria, we have a saying: " If it's not Panadol, it's not the same thing as Panadol." If it's not Windows in and out, I'm not using. I can't put up with the over customization of Android devices that makes them lag

Meanwhile, some say to get/enjoy the best of Android, go for stock Android like the Nexus. But then, I've seen/heard even the Nexus hang/lag.
    I've been using a Nexus 7 tablet for about 4 months now, and it hasn't lagged so far.
    07-04-2015 10:59 PM
    Just to know, would you buy an Android powered Microsoft flagship, with the same UI of windows 10M? Why?

Did you take a wrong turn on your way to Crackberry? :)
    07-05-2015 12:01 AM
    I prefer the cleaner simpler look of Windows Phone, too much is happening in Android UI, everything is detailed, prettied up. It's like Vista was, look what we can do with these new graphic cards! I can understand that a bit, if they sold you a high res screen they want to show you it was worth it. Only I don't like in-your-face OS, it should enable me do things, but not put itself first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-2015 01:56 AM
    I voted yes, but a more precise answer would be that I would throw a Microsoft phone in the mix for consideration. When I buy a phone, I don't choose a manufacturer and then choose from their offerings. In fact, I really couldn't care less who the manufacturer is. I go by the overall phone and its features, also considering price.
    Sometimes you do not judge only by the value offered, there are other aspects that are intangible that you have to factor in, a simple example would be a good looking design, factors that come from manufacturers; artists.

In fact, judging by value alone would lead to huge monopolies, and to be quite frank, the whole windows phone thing wont be alive today, as it is pretty obviously not the best value offering.
    07-05-2015 03:36 AM
    Any evidence for that and how it affects you?
    Well I also wouldn't go with a Android device manufactured by Microsoft.
    I agree with you all that some vendors customize their android way too much. But there's always a Google Nexus with "pure" Android. I recently switched from L1520 to Nexus and not regret at all!
    Your regrets will come later...
    07-05-2015 04:30 AM
    Giving apk support in wp may be a better option than android phone.
    07-05-2015 06:17 AM
    Giving apk support in wp may be a better option than android phone.
    Blackberry (RIM) did exactly like that and now their mobile OS is on the verge of death, they're rumored moving to Android.
    07-05-2015 06:31 AM
    Blackberry (RIM) did exactly like that and now their mobile OS is on the verge of death, they're rumored moving to Android.
    I think that 'app gap' wasn't the only reason for death. Blackberry OS and services were already dying, even apk support didn't help. However WP is fluid and Microsoft services are alive. App gap is the only thing I need. If MS go for android, IOS would be my next choice.
    07-05-2015 07:42 AM
    Would I buy one?
    I own one.
    nokiax2.jpg
    I have the 2014 Nokia XL, Android with Microsoft Services and Windows Skin.

No one wanted to pay these handsets any attention yet they offer features and functionality that are still not found on Windows Phone. (I own an L930 also.) The W10 Start Screen Background started on the Nokia X.

On an MS powered Android handset,I have access to the most recent and fully featured versions of Office, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook and MixRadio and Here. Nokia also bundled a camera app with features not found on Lumia (noise reduction, custom sharpening/saturation/contrast levels etc.). Oh and I have snapchat, YouTube, Tumblr and Pandora plus literally any app I want from google play (download the .apks, no google services, no google data collection). It's a win win situation. Performance could be better but, again, this phone literally cost $130 unlocked. The X phones also had

The Nokia X2 improved performance and features from the first generation X phones. It's a pity they killed the Nokia X family. They had a lot of potential.
    Attached Thumbnails nokia-x2-dual-sim.jpg  
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-05-2015 11:13 AM
    Hell no!
    07-05-2015 11:22 AM
    The title sounds almost oxymoronic............ The child of Frankenstein comes to mind when I hear this.
    07-05-2015 11:30 AM
    ...burn it with fire, ....
    nohra likes this.
    07-05-2015 11:44 AM
    ...burn it with fire, ....
    house-fire.gif
    07-05-2015 12:05 PM
    I'd rather try iOS
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-2015 06:20 PM
    No....I love Windows Mobile OS and been using it since 2010 even with lack of Apps and the fact that it only has 2.5 to 3% market share. In fact I like this low profile status because it is less susceptible to the NSA spy snooping!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-2015 08:28 PM
    It think that Android apps and system are awesome, you can do most of the things you can in a regular windows pc, or more!
    For example: you can use an app like "wifi analyzer" that use the hardware antennas with a very deep access to the hardware without even root the device, that is unthinkable in windows phone.
    And in graphics and animations: the quality of Android apps are too far ahead from windows phone.
    Of course malware and viruses are a cons, but you already suffer that with a windows pc.
    The only problem that i found in Android is the ugly and uncomfortable user interface and experience.
    So my dream phone should be an android one with windows phone user interface (not like nokia x) or my favorite: harmattan like Nokia n9
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 10:40 AM
    Nope, I don't think I would. I think I'd settle for an iphone before getting an android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 03:24 PM
45 12