Android powered Microsoft Phone - Would you buy?

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
There's no going back to android where I came from some years back, they got no innovations like Windows, if for any reason Windowsphone disappears I'd opt in for an iPhone, there u find innovation too, Android is booooooooring OS

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
NO.

I do not need fancy specs. I do not need flavor of the month apps. I need a stable phone that just works, every time, any time, regardless. I prefer at a low price point. Windows 8.1 gives me that. If windows 10 does not, I will stick with 8.1. If windows mobile went away I'd go to iOS. Apple phones are too expensive for me but they also just work.

ArrowQueen

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I would not even think about it. I love Windows phone because of the UI, the fluidity. Android is laggy when it runs on a devices that is not a flagship. It's also a boring OS. There is so mush new stuff everyday with Windows phone. I would consider going back to an iPhone.

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I would go Jitterbug before Android! :wink:

Honestly, I wouldn't know what I'd do. I have had fair number of Android tablets and there is always a point where it gets bogged down, custom ROM or not. So far, I haven't had that problem with Windows Phone/Mobile. A custom ROM isn't always an option either. My old company put out a policy where you could not access your e-mail with a phone that didn't have the stock ROM.

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope.. I don't like google.. Only service I use is YouTube.. If wp dies I go iPhone.. IPhone has all Microsoft apps soo.. WP will always be my favourite even if all the exclusive feature gone..

Largg

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
To this day I will not buy an HP product because they killed the Palm Pre I wanted to buy days before it was to be released.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Not android. Maybe iOS powered Microsoft phone if it were possible. Not android because I no like the fact that Google hasn't made its services like YouTube, Google maps and Gmail made available on windows phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No!
Over here in Nigeria, we have a saying: " If it's not Panadol, it's not the same thing as Panadol." If it's not Windows in and out, I'm not using. I can't put up with the over customization of Android devices that makes them lag

Meanwhile, some say to get/enjoy the best of Android, go for stock Android like the Nexus. But then, I've seen/heard even the Nexus hang/lag.
I've been using a Nexus 7 tablet for about 4 months now, and it hasn't lagged so far.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the cleaner simpler look of Windows Phone, too much is happening in Android UI, everything is detailed, prettied up. It's like Vista was, look what we can do with these new graphic cards! I can understand that a bit, if they sold you a high res screen they want to show you it was worth it. Only I don't like in-your-face OS, it should enable me do things, but not put itself first.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I voted yes, but a more precise answer would be that I would throw a Microsoft phone in the mix for consideration. When I buy a phone, I don't choose a manufacturer and then choose from their offerings. In fact, I really couldn't care less who the manufacturer is. I go by the overall phone and its features, also considering price.

Sometimes you do not judge only by the value offered, there are other aspects that are intangible that you have to factor in, a simple example would be a good looking design, factors that come from manufacturers; artists.

In fact, judging by value alone would lead to huge monopolies, and to be quite frank, the whole windows phone thing wont be alive today, as it is pretty obviously not the best value offering.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Any evidence for that and how it affects you?
Well I also wouldn't go with a Android device manufactured by Microsoft.
I agree with you all that some vendors customize their android way too much. But there's always a Google Nexus with "pure" Android. I recently switched from L1520 to Nexus and not regret at all!

Your regrets will come later...

batuhanbkeskin

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry (RIM) did exactly like that and now their mobile OS is on the verge of death, they're rumored moving to Android.

I think that 'app gap' wasn't the only reason for death. Blackberry OS and services were already dying, even apk support didn't help. However WP is fluid and Microsoft services are alive. App gap is the only thing I need. If MS go for android, IOS would be my next choice.

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Would I buy one?
I own one.
nokiax2.jpg
I have the 2014 Nokia XL, Android with Microsoft Services and Windows Skin.

No one wanted to pay these handsets any attention yet they offer features and functionality that are still not found on Windows Phone. (I own an L930 also.) The W10 Start Screen Background started on the Nokia X.

On an MS powered Android handset,I have access to the most recent and fully featured versions of Office, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook and MixRadio and Here. Nokia also bundled a camera app with features not found on Lumia (noise reduction, custom sharpening/saturation/contrast levels etc.). Oh and I have snapchat, YouTube, Tumblr and Pandora plus literally any app I want from google play (download the .apks, no google services, no google data collection). It's a win win situation. Performance could be better but, again, this phone literally cost $130 unlocked. The X phones also had

The Nokia X2 improved performance and features from the first generation X phones. It's a pity they killed the Nokia X family. They had a lot of potential.

Attachments

• Nokia-X2-Dual-SIM.jpg
    Nokia-X2-Dual-SIM.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb