Reasons to move from Android to WP?

Ricky Williams1

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been so disappointed in windows phone through the years and still have not seen enough change to make me want to go back to it. WIRELESS PRINTING!!! What is so damn hard about this with these guys!!!! I need to have the ability to print my emails sometimes and still with Windows 10 still no mention of this with the new OS on their phone. I also do not see these guys catching up on essential apps that the other OS's have. Everyone is light years ahead on this front and don't see windows phone catching up with this at all. And it has been more than disappointing to see Windows come out with new devices and they are all low end cheap phones, not everyone wants a damn cheap phone!!!! So no not interested in their new device enough to give up my iphone..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been so disappointed in windows phone through the years and still have not seen enough change to make me want to go back to it. WIRELESS PRINTING!!! What is so damn hard about this with these guys!!!! I need to have the ability to print my emails sometimes and still with Windows 10 still no mention of this with the new OS on their phone. I also do not see these guys catching up on essential apps that the other OS's have. Everyone is light years ahead on this front and don't see windows phone catching up with this at all. And it has been more than disappointing to see Windows come out with new devices and they are all low end cheap phones, not everyone wants a damn cheap phone!!!! So no not interested in their new device enough to give up my iphone..
HP, Brother and Canon all have apps in the Store. Kumo Print supports Google-enabled printers as well.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Seriously Facebook integration like we had in windows phone 8 was incredible, that was one of the main features we were able to promote with windows phone. Now that is gone, so lame.

crosslad17

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I know people around me switched from Android with my advice and they are very happy about windows phone, in the beginning few of them scared about lack of apps but when they jumped they understand there are alternatives for some apps and others are not very needed so they didn't feel upset.
What they noticed about windows phones:
* Many features built right into OS or bundled with the phone so no need to install app for it ( word flow keyboard,double tap to sleep/wake,skype,health and fitness,here drive and maps,weather,facebook,twitter,microsoft office........)
* The Os feels more modern,smooth,lag free, virus free and phone will not slow down after time or suffer from memory problems.
* No need to buy high specs phone every few months because phone will stay smooth and fast like day one so no need for new hardware to enjoy speed or features of newer OS versions.
* Updates are continuous and free, Which of android phones will get new OS updates after more than 2 years? Lumia 920 which released in November 2012 still get updates and will be updated to windows mobile 10 :)
* Battery life is better, for example HTC One M8 runs Windows phone has longer battery life than same phone which runs Android!
* Good camera and very good apps to process photos.
* excursive Nokia technologies like clear black display, glance screen,pureview cameras........
I can go on and say many other reasons that made these people love Windows Phone more than Android :)
I've friend who owns samsung glaxy note 3 saw me recommends Lumia for another friend and he said to this friend ( don't listen to him go with Android it is better!) immediately I asked him( how many times your flagship phone slows down or stop to work last week? ) he admitted it and said (I can't count it it is normal thing in phones :) ) for his surprise I asked another friend who owns Lumia 535 the same exact question and he said (I don't remember this ever happed to me )

My advice if you feel you want to go with windows phone just do it and enjoy, don't listen to people.
Buy Lumia 640 XL in the beginning, it is not expensive phone and has good battery life and good big screen.
Regards :)

Good post. I would just like to add a couple of features that I think we're missing in your post
1. Photo beamer
2. Beamer app
3. Miracast
4. Bluetooth keyboard support in 8.1 update 2.
When Microsoft replaces the built in Office app with the new Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps Windows phone will be the perfect device for me.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos