Live Lockscreen & Windows 10

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Ohk folks....
I'm on build 10149 for phone
We all are defiantly familiar with an year old app "live lock screen beta".....
And also know what happen when we install it on windows 10 mobile....
But in this build (10149),this whole case goes reverse......
The moment when I installed this app. The app itself get installed into two different apps. One with "Beta" tag, and another without it.
And also the official app doesn't exist in new "Store Beta".
(Any guess what is going on)

uploadfromtaptalk1436284707440.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436284723307.jpg

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶.̶.̶
̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶"̶s̶p̶l̶i̶t̶"̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶

Last edited:

Abhishek P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If any of you are using a phone with virtual navigation bar (like 535, 730). Check this out
You can now double tap the nav bar to lock phone

mikado_8

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
They have been working on the lock screen... it gives me hope that they finally broke the barrier to make native live lock screen possible.
for example when unlocking you can now swipe back down much later than before, even when the lock screen just went out of the screen.
Also the unlock pad is new (an nice) but still causing problems.
I hope they'll implement picture passwords as seen on desktops.

I mean if I recall correctly, Belfiore presented the live lockscreen with the words "the sky is the limit" and then they never released a lockscreen API to devs, only internal (as seen on tetra lock screen [i think that was what it was called]) which seemed like a very stupid move.

This kind of APi is similarly present in Android, having custom animations and widgets on top of the lock screen.

mikado_8

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Also I have just noticed that there is an App called "Windows Default Lockscreen" (you can find it in the new battery saving options) which kinda gives hope for an option t have a "Windows Badass Lockscreen" (or any other for that matter)

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
i have noticed the default one but its no where near as smooth as it used to be.

for example, I double tap and sometimes I see my start screen before the lock screen app appears? then when lifting the lock screen its just black underneath? didn't it used to reveal your start screen?

does the live lock screen work ok on Windows 10 mobile 10149?

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Also I have just noticed that there is an App called "Windows Default Lockscreen" (you can find it in the new battery saving options) which kinda gives hope for an option t have a "Windows Badass Lockscreen" (or any other for that matter)

Yeah I've noticed that too.....
Infact it was already present from previous build 10080.

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
i have noticed the default one but its no where near as smooth as it used to be.

for example, I double tap and sometimes I see my start screen before the lock screen app appears? then when lifting the lock screen its just black underneath? didn't it used to reveal your start screen?

does the live lock screen work ok on Windows 10 mobile 10149?

Yes you are right !
Lockscreen is working like as an external app in this build. And also the duration of unlocking the lockscreen became little slower (not buggy yet).

Nope "Live lockscreen" is not working on this build.....
But yes, this time it doesn't crash/reboot the phone, which was unexpected.
(as we have saw on previous builds)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss