Microsoft Local account only and it won't let me add MS account, why?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I appears to be a Technical Issue with Microsoft Mobile and this W10 Upgrade. Due to this I CANNOT SYNC MY FAVORITES/BOOKMARKS IN THE EDGE!!!

Can anyone sync your bookmarks with this build?? I have Windows 10 on my Laptop and running the preview 10 on my 1520 .
Please chime in so I will know whether or not its a device ( mine) issue or no one can synch Bookmarks / Favorites with The Edge Browser

Thanks in advance

MobiplayerUK

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've solved it on my L1520 by going into the feedback app (volume down + power button) and login in there. After that my Microsoft account was added system wide.

Hope it helps!

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've solved it on my L1520 by going into the feedback app (volume down + power button) and login in there. After that my Microsoft account was added system wide.

Hope it helps!

Didn't work for me on my 920. I was already signed into the feedback app. Did you go to the account setting in system and see if it still asks for a Microsoft account? My account is added to other apps on the phone. The issue that we are having is that you cannot set an account in the account section under the settings.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am very clearly logged in to my MS account on my 1520, I get reminders from Cortana on my PC coming up on my phone, I can see it's my lads birthday tomorrow, emails come through, it's logging in to Groove etc.

But it still says local account, sign up with an MS account and then just sits there.

I have only ever used an MS account when setting up all my devices.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
last reply was months ago. i don't see that anybody got fixed. i'm having the same problem.

I think the reason there has been no replies is because it is no longer an issue. I had issues, but I am on the latest version of Windows 10 Mobile and all is well. Make sure you are on the very latest Insider build. If you still have problems, do a hard reset. The issues is gone in the latest build.

Nostromov

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this same problem [..]

Apologies for the resurrect, but it's quite funny to find that not having a system-wide Micro$oft account would've been viewed as a problem. According to Windows Phone:

Once you've added a Microsoft account on your phone, there's no way of changing it without resetting your phone.

... Meaning, that, basically we're stuck with it forever - without any means of changing it (overriding with a Local account, on per-application basis - or, whatever). Just btw., another huge bonus of not having it is being sure that Cortana will stay offline (no matter the settings).

I had been extremely careful to -only- log-in with the Micro$oft credentials, in order to access the store and install an application (Viber) & that account is listed at the bottom ("Accounts used by other apps"), on my Lumia 550. All was wonderful, until I found out that it's not going to be possible to install Skype - without logging into the Microsoft Account: can't, just, add the Local one - as is the case with OneDrive, for example and/or log-in the same way, like, when having gotten Viber.

Now there is a serious dilemma, whether logging-in to install Skype will convert (?!) that Local /other account... If it will enable an all-access-pass for the Operating System to go rampant with its background-integrated-madness, or WHAT is going to happen (IDK., really). Because Skype has gone through those changes, getting integrated with Windows (10), instead of -just- being an application that we can run (what was so wrong with that); there's this craziness to deal with, now, with having to log-in.

I'm only attempting to research the topic - and this seemed like a (very!) interesting thread on the subject & that's why I'm posting (hoping, or not, for some feedback - maybe?)! Going to attempt and make a thread, to ask about it - I guess - if I can, even, fathom my question(s). :)

(It's quite-unfortunate, this predicament; & hopefully it doesn't turn out as disastrous as it seems that - it most certainly, LOL - will, argh.)

*teh Windows Phone site is @windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/email-and-calendar/set-up-or-delete-an-email-account (I'm not allowed to paste links, by the forum, as a new user :)) *tnx 4 reading, heh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo