Microsoft Local account only and it won't let me add MS account, why?

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I installed the 10149 t.p on my Lumia 930 and it only shows me as a local account holder. I try to sign in using my MS account and it just shows the "just a moment screen" and goes no further.

I have tried a hard reset after a soft reset. It still won't allow me to sign in....

Two days this has been going on for now, please help.

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Local account only and it won't let me add MS account.

Won't even let you add a Microsoft account during the initial device setup? Assuming your internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) is solid and you've already tried a reset, I would try recovery back to WP8.1 then a new upgrade to Win 10.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Tried that. Restored to 8.1 and fresh wp10 Even after I have installed it using my MS account it still says sign in to a Microsoft account. I have just tried adding my wifes account as another MS account , all that has done is not allow me to access the settings at all, it now force closes. How can this happen?

anon(114076)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happens on my 920. Any time I try to sign in with a Microsoft account, I get the spinning dots and "Just a moment" screen. During the install I used my Microsoft account, so it will sync my settings/passwords.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20150708_0001[1].jpgwp_ss_20150708_0002[1].jpgI have a 920 too, and it's the same, hasn't even looked into you said that. I am on the app so can't add pictures but it is shocking that this is the same on 3 phones, it mist be happening on more.

Last edited:

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

oh, and when I try to add a windows account, this is the screen I am getting.wp_ss_20150708_0003[1].jpg

Nekroido

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Same here. The issue persists on my Lumia 820 even after todays update 10166.

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site

Ditto for me here on my 1520. Used ms account when setting 10166 up after a hard reset, no restore.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Happened to me on L1520 with 10149 and still on 10166..don't know what else it does because everything seems to be synching and working so I'll leave it for now.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Upgraded to the 66 build and did a hard reset and that fixed it. Although it still says local account but now shows my MS account in the little bubble next to my name. ODD!

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here on an L920. Anyone else get through this?

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi there, go to Outlook mail app ->click menu (left top)-> settings (right bottom wheel sign)-> accounts->add account where you have your contacts and msgs. back ups (microsoft acc.) This worked for me or another solution is to open store and initiate an application download...which asks to sign in to MS account and complete the secondary steps :)

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi there, go to Outlook mail app ->click menu (left top)-> settings (right bottom wheel sign)-> accounts->add account where you have your contacts and msgs. back ups (microsoft acc.) This worked for me or another solution is to open store and initiate an application download...which asks to sign in to MS account and complete the secondary steps :)
my email is setup and works, my store is signed in and works, I can access OneDrive, Microsoft health etc but when you go into settings accounts it still says local account and acts just as described by chickentikka.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

This makes no sense at all. What, in the context of Windows phone, is a local account? Especially if during initial setup you signed in.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

my email is setup and works, my store is signed in and works, I can access OneDrive, Microsoft health etc but when you go into settings accounts it still says local account and acts just as described by chickentikka.

I am exactly the same, I don't understand what this option is for and what it does or if I need it when everything else works

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem on my 735 running 10166. I everything is starting to ask me to log in again (store, outlook email, onedrive). login either never takes me to the sign in page (spinning wheel) or fails and sends me a useless text message. I tried adding an alias to my MS account and logging in to that, but to no avail.

MrGreeves

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Same on my 928. My main account works but I can't add another account to the phone so I can't check email from any other account. No contacts from other account. I'm gonna have to roll back to 8.1. Dang.

Last edited:

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I removed my second account and tried to add it again to see if it resolved this issue but now it won't let me add my second account.
Strange as this was working fine in 10149.

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same problem on Build 10240 on my Lumia 1520. Did anyone ever find a solution? The only affect it seems to have is that photos aren't uploaded to OneDrive...and i can't seem to find new music with my groove pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)