Incoming call animation in Windows 10

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone able to post up screenshots or (ideally) a short video of what the incoming call screen looks like in the latest Windows 10 build? This was always one of my favorite parts of 8.0 and 8.1, and with the switch to circular profile pics I am curious how it changes what I love. I fear I won't like the changes, but I would love to see how it looks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I probably won't be able to upload the video I just took for a little bit, but I just tried it out.

Awkwardly enough it was with someone without a contact picture altogether.

It's not that different, although I can't say how the pictures show up for aforementioned reasons, I'll have to give you an IOU on that.

When asleep, we get a mostly familiar "slide up" prompt. And my memory is failing me, so I'll have to check the video again.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running one of the builds on a spare 822 off of wifi, so I get to experiment with most things. I just don't have a sim in it to see how the incoming call sequence looks. It was one of my very favorite things, for whatever weird reason. I thought I remembered someone saying it was just a circular pic now with a lot of wasted blank space, rather than the "full screen" profile pic we are used to.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Teo! Does the incoming call screen still "bounce" when it's ringing? There is certainly a lot of wasted space there. I think i like the older display better, but onward and upward as they say. This won't ruin my day, it's just a phone feature.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Not sure :) but there is color change on the answer 'button' ...

And yes, very agree with you regarding the space, there is lot of wasted space, not only in call management but everywhere....

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Teo! Does the incoming call screen still "bounce" when it's ringing? There is certainly a lot of wasted space there. I think i like the older display better, but onward and upward as they say. This won't ruin my day, it's just a phone feature.

the screen still bounces in the same manner it does now.

IMO it doesn't look bad at all. Don't know which I prefer, but as far as using circles goes, I like it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz