Windows 10 Home and Pro versions hit the deck on July 29th, but what about Windows 10 Mobile?
    Forgive me if I may have missed something on the internet that points to the answer to this question, but I'd also like to know what others think on this same topic; whether are not everyone else is as clueless as I am or not?
    07-08-2015 01:44 PM
    No precise timing, somewhere later this year, that's all we know about release date...
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-08-2015 01:56 PM
    yeah well, that is what confuses me.
    Microsoft says and I quote -- "We are working with Windows Phone 8.1 partners to make the Windows 10 upgrade available to most phones later this year", which means they need to collaborate with the OEMs and mobile operators in specific regions, and I get it. It is as always it has been.
    But for people such as myself who are not bound by OEMs or mobile operators, are we going to get it early, and if yes, till what precise date.

All of this remains a mystery.
    07-08-2015 02:06 PM
    Tomorrow. :)
    Ankit Ruhela likes this.
    07-08-2015 02:15 PM
    Well, if you brave enough you can always switch to TP, fast ring and get it among first :D :D
    07-08-2015 02:16 PM
    yeah well, that is what confuses me.
    Microsoft says and I quote -- "We are working with Windows Phone 8.1 partners to make the Windows 10 upgrade available to most phones later this year", which means they need to collaborate with the OEMs and mobile operators in specific regions, and I get it. It is as always it has been.
    But for people such as myself who are not bound by OEMs or mobile operators, are we going to get it early, and if yes, till what precise date.

All of this remains a mystery.
    "But for people such as myself who are not bound by OEMs or mobile operators," even if your phone it's a CV, MS can't just push the update. Maybe, but we don't have any confirmation, Windows Insiders will receive the update earlier, still, no date yet. Sometimes around September/October.
    07-08-2015 02:27 PM
    Well, if you brave enough you can always switch to TP, fast ring and get it among first :D :D
    I was brave enough to switch, but not strong enough to endure :p :D; Build 10149!
    07-08-2015 02:42 PM
    "But for people such as myself who are not bound by OEMs or mobile operators," even if your phone it's a CV, MS can't just push the update. Maybe, but we don't have any confirmation, Windows Insiders will receive the update earlier, still, no date yet. Sometimes around September/October.
    yes, Insiders are going to get the priority as with the Windows 10 Desktop versions. :D
    It's just hard to wait 'til September! :p
    07-08-2015 02:43 PM
    You don't have to wait, you can install TP right now, the latest build is pretty stable..
    07-08-2015 03:05 PM
    You don't have to wait, you can install TP right now, the latest build is pretty stable..
    Yes, I did install it, used it for a week, and apps like WhatsApp and Readit stopped working because they are targeted for WP8.1 and whenever some update came, they refused to install and gave me an error, so I had to revert back to WP8.1

I dug in and found out that the app manifest has requirement specification of which OS is the app targeting and if an app targets WP8.1, it will not work on WXM.
    07-08-2015 03:11 PM
    Yes, I did install it, used it for a week, and apps like WhatsApp and Readit stopped working because they are targeted for WP8.1 and whenever some update came, they refused to install and gave me an error, so I had to revert back to WP8.1

I dug in and found out that the app manifest has requirement specification of which OS is the app targeting and if an app targets WP8.1, it will not work on WXM.
    Well, if you can access the app manifest, you should be able to modify that file and Zip the files up, re-name it from ZIP to a XAP and side load it...

I've done that a few times for some WP 7 apps that would not run right and a few times (not all) it would address the issue.
    07-08-2015 03:27 PM
    Well, if you can access the app manifest, you should be able to modify that file and Zip the files up, re-name it from ZIP to a XAP and side load it...

I've done that a few times for some WP 7 apps that would not run right and a few times (not all) it would address the issue.
    yeah, but I can't access WhatsApp's app manifest, for that to happen I need to be one of the WhatsApp developers.

and even if somehow i do get access to the WhatsApp XAP file, It will be represented as an encrypted MD5 hash in Visual Studio (2013 Ultimate; the version I have).

so in short, it won't work until WhatsApp takes note of this, and starts supporting Windows 10 mobile beta for preliminary use. :p :D
    07-08-2015 03:50 PM
    WhatsApp has been working fine on my 1520 with Windows 10 Build 10149 for about 2 weeks now. I've used it every day.
    07-08-2015 04:41 PM
    Same here, been using whatsapp almost as normal as it is somewhat buggy as sometimes it doesn't find any pictures or videos if you want to share them.

Installed it from the old store as other then the office preview apps and onenote nothing else installs for me via the new store.
    07-09-2015 05:12 AM
    No matter when WP10 is finally released I'm sure it will be at least six months of bugs and disappointments.

I'm always looking forward to these new things and I always end up wishing I had waited a while longer.

And still I know I will get my new WP10 handset on day one anyway. :)
    Ankit Ruhela likes this.
    07-09-2015 05:26 AM
    And still I know I will get my new WP10 handset on day one anyway. :)
    Very agree with you :D
    07-09-2015 06:13 AM
    Same here, been using whatsapp almost as normal as it is somewhat buggy as sometimes it doesn't find any pictures or videos if you want to share them.

Installed it from the old store as other then the office preview apps and onenote nothing else installs for me via the new store.
    well then I am not as sure as I sound. WhatsApp on my Lumia 830 (Win 10 Build 10149) didn't work at all after a minor update hit the store, and I wasn't even able to uninstall it so that I could reinstall a fresh copy.
    Anyway, waiting for a newer build now.
    07-09-2015 03:57 PM
    well then I am not as sure as I sound. WhatsApp on my Lumia 830 (Win 10 Build 10149) didn't work at all after a minor update hit the store, and I wasn't even able to uninstall it so that I could reinstall a fresh copy.
    Anyway, waiting for a newer build now.
    What may have happened is that Store (beta) probably tried to update whatsapp therefore corrupting the install, I had it happen to Metrotube and can't reinstall it from either store (despite turning auto-update apps off in the Store (beta)).
    07-09-2015 03:59 PM
    What may have happened is that Store (beta) probably tried to update whatsapp therefore corrupting the install, I had it happen to Metrotube and can't reinstall it from either store (despite turning auto-update apps off in the Store (beta)).
    yes, perhaps.
    do you have any workaround you are aware of?
    or probably I'll just wait for a newer build and hope that I don't encounter any problems in that as the leaked details of WXM Build 10162 shows the beta tag is removed, which means that the old store is gone. If nothing else, that'll fix the issue.
    07-09-2015 10:28 PM
    Guys I'm having a problem...while upgrading windowsphone 8.1 to windows 10 mobile when the spinning gears starts after 2 mins it simply gets switched off...!! What should I do...?? Plz help
    07-09-2015 10:35 PM
    yes, perhaps.
    do you have any workaround you are aware of?
    or probably I'll just wait for a newer build and hope that I don't encounter any problems in that as the leaked details of WXM Build 10162 shows the beta tag is removed, which means that the old store is gone. If nothing else, that'll fix the issue.
    Most likely Build 10162 will do so however it may not as some will have bugs that others don't. In terms of a work around, you can try deploying the xap or fiddling around with fiddler other than these. There isn't one that I'm aware of without really messing around with the O/S with the now defunct "windows explorer app".
    07-10-2015 03:59 PM
    What's the name of the app I can get to download the windows 10 mobile
    07-10-2015 04:02 PM
    Guys I'm having a problem...while upgrading windowsphone 8.1 to windows 10 mobile when the spinning gears starts after 2 mins it simply gets switched off...!! What should I do...?? Plz help
    Keep it connected to a power source in the first place. if your power is less than 40% by even a single percent, it will create problems.
    If all fails, use the Windows Phone Recovery tool by Microsoft to revert back to WP 8.1 and try again.
    Praneel D kiD likes this.
    07-13-2015 12:24 AM
    What's the name of the app I can get to download the windows 10 mobile
    Windows Insider app, search for it on the store. You'll find it.
    07-13-2015 12:25 AM