Accidental first look at Microsoft 940XL (by 3rd party accessory maker)? Maybe?

CodePurple

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

So, I was killing time on Amazon, decided to search for "Lumia 940", you know "what the hell, see what happens", and bam, this popped up; a third party (Vostrostone) accessory maker's hard case for it. Not sure if this is a generic place holder (phone) image, a different/wrong Lumia model posting? Maybe an accidental pre-mature posting/leak? But here you go, grabbed some pictures for good measure in case it disappears.

I'm inclined to believe it maybe the 640xl; position of the camera/flash, noticed the lack of hardware touch buttons on the bottom, no camera hardware button, and also only features the WP 8.1 screen/layout. Might not be a stretch to believe a similar layout could be used for the 940s (although lack of hardware touch buttons would indicate a new direction for higher end phones... :straight: ) Anyways, thought I'd share on what I stumbled across.
Thoughts everyone? Maybe Daniel, or WP staff member could chime in?

940xl_Page2.jpg
940xl_001.jpg
940xl_003.jpg
940xl_002.jpg
940xl_004.jpg

I'd post the link, but... since this is my first post after being a member for 9months... the system wont allow me too, so I took a picture of the URL. :angel:
940xl_url.JPG

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, good find! I'm stoked for a new flagship Windows phone, as much as the next Microsoft fan. If I can get my hand on the 940 XL around February, I'm happy.

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for any new phones but in my opinion, it looks a bit off.
From what I know, it should have a triple LED flash with a back bulk like the Lumia 1020 but not popping out.

Or did I miss a complete post about a Lumia 940?
And I'm sorry when I'm mixing stuff up, but shouldn't the 940 and 940 XL in theory be the Talkman and Cityman (codemaned)?
Just a little bit confused on what's going on because the Cityman should have triple LED flash AFAIK. So that wouldn't match the screenshots from amazon. Maybe some other new phone that will be there? Or Cityman is not the new 940....
Dunno, but nice find.

Edit:
Nevermind, I'm getting confused by all the numbers. Just saw now that you meant the 640 XL ... damn it's confusing as heck :-D

Kind regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05