Build 10149 on my Nokia 1520 - Cortana and MixRadio are working this time

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I have tried both build 10136 and 10149 on my Nokia 1520 over e past several weeks but had to revert to 8.1 both times after testing for a few days and needing my needed functions back such as Cortana and those awesome location based reminders as well as MixRadio.

Well a week ago I was meaning to set up Technical Preview on my spare Nokia Icon and accidently set it on my Nokia 1520. LOL How'd I not notice I was holding the big one?
After it rebooted I thought I disabled it but I think maybe I hit slow rather than fast build choices or whatever that setting is called.
So the other day my phone says it had a update so I took it.
It was Windows 10 Build 10149 again.

So I have been using that for the past 2 or so days now and while there are a few bugs still from time to time I did notice that Cortana is in fact working and so is MixRadio which neither world work when I installed that build before.
I am sort of afraid to do the hard reset as we usually do after a major update as letting it do the install as an update got most of those stuck apps to install and work. Only a two are stuck right now which are Lumia Help + Tips and Nokia Account.

One app that does not work on my 1520 or my Icon with this build is Fantasia Painter. It wont load the photos to paint on. That kinda sucks but having MixRadio, Music that plays my OneDrive mp3 collection and having Cortana may be enough to keep this on my daily driver 1520. :) :smile:
p.s. I used it on the hot roof from 8AM to 1PM while using both MixRadio or Music to stream music over half of that time and at 1PM the battery was only down to 73%

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh, one thing that is NOT working right is the ONEDRIVE app.
It says "FOLDER EMPTY" when obviously it is not.
I need to play with it more or perhaps uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Update: OneDrive ha no option to uninstall. However I selected OneDrive in the beta store and it seemed to update Onedrive which then I had to soft reset but now it works.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You better have a charger handy at all times. You'll be lucky to get 2 hours of battery life.

Didn't you read the part in my first post that from 8AM to 1PM it only dropped down to 73% while streaming audio online half the time? LOL

I was worried about that because I saw some people mention hot phones that drained the battery.
Mine is fine.

And I'm still loving the much longer battery life of the Nokia 1520 over my Nokia Icon. :)
But that is expected with a battery that is like 40% larger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen