They promise 2 years.. Why not die already with such a terrible message?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
WOW what a terrible message! Who the **** will make apps when they know Windows mobile will be dead in two years? Great message Microsoft. You are ******* dumb!!!!! And the timing. All these layoffs right before the release of Windows 10 and flagships. Those guys ay Microsoft have their brains in their ***! Do they wanna die badly??? Windows is doomed with every single tech site out there claiming windows mobile is dead. Long term this will mean windows as a whole will die. Mobile is essential. Which OEM will makes windows mobiles???? So far I can name almost NONE. Who made any device with the Microsoft health kit? NOBODY. Microsoft is acting in ways that are beyond stupidity. Giving such bad messages and still expecting Windows mobile 10 to to hit off? Are they smoking mushrooms? Who will make apps when the future is said to be unsure after 2 years???? I repeat: NOBODY. Nadella is the biggest fail ever with no patience.

Two years are over in a heart beat and nothing will have changed. Thus Windows mobile is dead.

Ejwan2

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I just bought a 640xl, its a very nice phone, but I am going to return it while I can. If Microsoft has no commitment to phone, why should I?

I'll be an owner of the new IPhone (ugh) as soon as the new model comes out.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I just bought a 640xl, its a very nice phone, but I am going to return it while I can. If Microsoft has no commitment to phone, why should I?

I'll be an owner of the new IPhone (ugh) as soon as the new model comes out.

I have no idea where to go. I hate Apple and Google.

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You guys are confused, Windows phone will not die in 2 years, they said they are committed to produce windows phones for atleast two years, if even after 2 years WP sales doesn't picks up then they may reconsider their decision.
Currently MS is looking to make space for other makers to release WPs, which is healthy development. Windows 10 Universal app model is meaningless without phones, so don't worry WP will not be dead.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
You guys are confused, Windows phone will not die in 2 years, they said they are committed to produce windows phones for atleast two years, if even after 2 years WP sales doesn't picks up then they may reconsider their decision.
Currently MS is looking to make space for other makers to release WPs, which is healthy development. Windows 10 Universal app model is meaningless without phones, so don't worry WP will not be dead.

Don't bother talking reason and facts with belligerent rangers.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

You are wrong. Are you reading the web? I follow 40 of the biggest tech sites and they all say it is dead or nearly dead. With these messages Microsoft has 0 chance. They must give developers, phone buyers and OEMs more than an unsure future after two years. OEMs always made ****ty Windows phones and that won't change so what you are saying is not true. OEMs won't keep it alive. They can easily afford to deny Windows mobile.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Why would you change to other phone right now? Get a WP, use it for 2 years and then change, if needed. Actually 2 years is more time than most of people use their new phone, so no need to panic now, its not like you are going to use the phone you buy now for next 5-10 years.

I just hope m$ makes good enough phone that will last a few years, so I can still use it and then switch to iphone/android when nothing else will be an option.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Why would you change to other phone right now? Get a WP, use it for 2 years and then change, if needed. Actually 2 years is more time than most of people use their new phone, so no need to panic now, its not like you are going to use the phone you buy now for next 5-10 years.

I just hope m$ makes good enough phone that will last a few years, so I can still use it and then switch to iphone/android when nothing else will be an option.

I'm not saying I'm switching. That other guy said that.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh tell me, how do you see this developing?

Well... like the "tech" sites you refer to... I have no idea.

From actual statements and facts, not speculation from sites that have continuously wrote doom and gloom about WP since its inception, my guess would be only 2 phones from each segment over the next year (low, mid and high end)... then, my hope, is that its whittled down to 1 from each segment or even less. I kind of like Hachman's (yeah he's a hack, but..) idea of copying Apple, produce 1 high-end device a year and continue to sell older devices at a discount.

The Windows Mobile OS isn't going anywhere any time soon.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I'd prefer to see something like Surface phone to be developed with 3 models, just like surface tablet is.

And let other OEMs deal with other models, if they want.

But I also understand why it is important to offer cheap models on a rising markets, like india, to hook people on WP so maybe this is why m$ is giving it 2 years and then re-focus based on the global market %. m$ needs to somehow get people start using WP and this will not be done via only a premium range of phones.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea where to go. I hate Apple and Google.

Just embrace either of them. At least they are still committed to their products. I'm looking forward to iPhone 6s as I'm already an existing Android user. Windows Phone can go eat dust.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

That's the catch! What will happen after 2 years?? If Satya give the nod to kill Windows Phone? Do you really believe that other OEM makers will be interested in producing Windows Phones? Those small brands perhaps. Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG.... They will rather spend their resources and cost on Android.

We don't even know if Universal app model will do well. Yes, it looks wonderful on papers that 1 OS rules them all. But do devs really care?? No. Who cares if the platform is running on every platform when revenues are not coming in. Desktop users - use browsers almost for everything. Surface users - wait... how many surface users we have worldwide as compared to iPad / Android tablets? Xbox users - game titles are more attractive to them than apps on the store. Windows Phone users - 2.5%??

Microsoft will not continue to waste resources on WP. If the sales of the next flagship (940 XL) is not doing well, I bet by mid next year Satya will give the nod to kill WP.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Thats the beauty of uni apps, you dont have to spend any extra resources on WP if it runs well on Windows. So devs make one app for "windows 10" which can run everywhere else, windows phone 10 or windows tablet 10 and most likely also on xbox I presume?

Now the only problem is to get devs to start making windows apps instead of going online, making "cloud apps" which might be the next big thing in IT...yet...still...m$ have announced an easy way of porting online apps into W10 apps.

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
2 years is still long way to go, we can't jump into conclusion that WP will die. Mobiles are very important area for every company, focus has shifted from Desktop to phone, it will be foolish to retire from mobile business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05