The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-16-2015 12:34 PM
64 123
tools
    I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.
    07-10-2015 12:45 PM
    I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case hmmm). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.
    suggestion: smack your 11 yo brother upside his head, that may deter him, JK - on a serious note, he should be taught respect for other people's property ...
    and there are apps to lockdown that adult content!
    timster01 and Abrar ahamed like this.
    07-10-2015 01:51 PM
    Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
    My requested features-
    1: Landscape start screen in phone.
    2: Interactive live tiles.
    3: Install(Sideload) apps manually.
    4: Background downloading.
    5: Downloads showing in notification centre.
    6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.)
    I miss those feature current build of windows 10 mobile build.
    Oh number 6 is actually a feature now. On the latest preview, go to the privacy settings and you will see an setting for radio. That's for apps that control WiFi and Bluetooth
    07-10-2015 02:27 PM
    I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.
    Well then you need to teach your brother respect for your property then, no software can defend against that. As for pirated apps, that just won't happen as the OS checks the store to make sure you own the content you're trying to install.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2015 04:07 PM
    I am not and not planning to move to 10 yet. But i would love to edit personal-keyboard dictionary
    07-10-2015 04:51 PM
    Oh number 6 is actually a feature now. On the latest preview, go to the privacy settings and you will see an setting for radio. That's for apps that control WiFi and Bluetooth
    its not working. Shareit app not able automatically turn on WiFi.
    07-10-2015 10:00 PM
    Today release windows 10 Mobile build 10166. In this build our old store remove But in old store have a good feature that's not available in new store.
    In old store we sideload apps using install local apps option. in build 10166 old store removed.
    So now how to sideload apps in this 10166 build? Now developer mode work in latest build 10166?
    07-10-2015 10:09 PM
    its not working. Shareit app not able automatically turn on WiFi.
    They need to update it to use the new APIs
    07-10-2015 10:57 PM
    Today release windows 10 Mobile build 10166. In this build our old store remove But in old store have a good feature that's not available in new store.
    In old store we sideload apps using install local apps option. in build 10166 old store removed.
    So now how to sideload apps in this 10166 build? Now developer mode work in latest build 10166?
    Get latest windows 10 build on your pc, use the deployment tool.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2015 04:42 AM
    Get latest windows 10 build on your pc, use the deployment tool.
    its a very hard process. if you phone running windows 10 mobile build 10166. Please help In this build work developer mode?
    07-11-2015 05:29 AM
    Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
    My requested features-
    1: Landscape start screen in phone. i dont know why
    2: Interactive live tiles. BIG YES, atleast for the music app.
    3: Install(Sideload) apps manually. idc
    4: Background downloading. BIG YES, and not by individual app, i just never know when i can go back and when i cant and it will keep working.
    5: Downloads showing in notification centre. Part of 4
    6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.)
    I miss those feature current build of windows 10 mobile build.
    BTW have you put these in user voice?
    07-11-2015 11:33 AM
    No. But i post it as soon as possible.
    07-11-2015 11:36 AM
    More open OS, so apps can have more features at all. ?
    07-12-2015 02:13 AM
    Everything is on user voice. 4 has been confirmed but I'm not sure about 5.
    Laura Knotek and Jakoh like this.
    07-12-2015 05:40 AM
    More open OS, so apps can have more features at all. ?
    LOL, i feel you, but now a days, to get an "Open" OS you have to sell your soul to the Devil Aka Google and get android. Do no evil, but collect and monetize everything.
    Cant wait til Google on Tap
    07-12-2015 10:27 PM
    WiFi direct, OTG, better app to app communication.
    anon(9226130) likes this.
    07-12-2015 10:39 PM
    I don't think I will ever abandon windows on pc but mobile.. Its becoming more of an endurance test than anything else. If WM only receives bug fixes from this point onwards, ill be leaving for ios and I really don't want to because I love windows. I love the tiles. I don't know why its so difficult to offer the same capabilities as the competitors. Interactive tiles with toggles could have been a game changer I think, truly making them 'live' and I know its coming later but at launch, this is Microsofts last chance.

- further improved action center
    - background downloads in action center
    - revamped app list. (It looks visually horrible when you swipe left from the start screen)
    - larger tile for screens 5" and up
    - interactive live tiles. (music toggles)
    -transparent and/or blur in action center
    -more colour, that black throughout the os looks clean but blocky af
    -snap chat
    -usbg
    -more tile options. Different sizes. Individual colours
    -better keyboard
    -audio/music tray redesign. Too large. Perhaps add shuffle toggle.
    -landscape mode.
    -multiple start screens. Swipping left or right. Remap app list.
    -improved lockscreen

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Last edited by Cage Ata; 07-12-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    07-12-2015 10:41 PM
    I don't think I will ever abandon windows on pc but mobile.. Its becoming more of an endurance test than anything else. If WM only receives bug fixes from this point onwards, ill be leaving for ios and I really don't want to because I love windows. I love the tiles. I don't know why its so difficult to offer the same capabilities as the competitors. Interactive tiles with toggles could have been a game changer I think, truly making them 'live' and I know its coming later but at launch, this is Microsofts last chance.

- revamped app list. (It looks visually horrible when you swipe left from the start screen)
    -snap chat
    -usbg
    -better keyboard
    -landscape mode.
    -improved lockscreen

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    I don't think they will put all these features.. These features might have been put off till Redstone update comes. But UI can be changed. But mostly it will be in sync with desktop UI
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-13-2015 02:29 AM
    Edge downloads appears in action center already?!??

Last edited by Teo Bartulovic; 07-13-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-13-2015 02:32 AM
    -snap chat
    -better keyboard
    -landscape mode.
    -improved lockscreen
    You're crying for iOS/Android clone. I honestly wish it won't happen as those similarities to iOS/Android we can see in Win 10 mobile is enough. I'd still prefer to continue Win 8.1 style, but this is the price we are paying for unification of Win 10 OS across the devices.
    I don't need extra colors, I don't want extra StartScreen (that is why I cant stand Android, as it gets so cluttered and ugly).
    All I want is simplicity, efficiency, rock stable services (Office Online, OneDrive, XboxLive, Store, etc..) + new collection of Win 10 Lumias. :)
    Last edited by minus365; 07-13-2015 at 03:26 AM.
    Teo Bartulovic likes this.
    07-13-2015 02:51 AM
    I would like to have any links from messengers open directly in apps and not in browser (ex. Facebook, Youtube).
    GCrane1982 likes this.
    07-13-2015 02:55 AM
    i want some of those features.
    1.wifi direct
    2.otg
    3.particular app locking feature (I doesn't like apps corner mostly)
    As there is no app locker for wp8.1
    4.file hiding feature. (although some apps are in store import files and store them as app data and only accessible through app but its complicated...if app gets uninstalled all data is deleted)
    5.background downloading
    6.improved default music and video apps.
    7.improved browser. Bcz ie 11 browser crashes frequently on some websites and doesn't load some websites properly.
    But windows 10 mobile is definitely better than current wp8.1 as technical preview seems very interesting.
    But final os should be simple and stable. Don't want unwanted stuffs like multiple home screen.it should be fluid and smooth.....my gs4 doesn't match Lumia 1320 s smoothness as gs4 lags sometime,
    I have to say why not my Lumia 625 too about smoothness of ui and consistency in performance.
    We have to wait and see. Lol
    07-13-2015 03:21 AM
    2.otg
    It's expected, depending on hardware ofcourse...

although some apps are in store import files and store them as app data and only accessible through app but its complicated...if app gets uninstalled all data is deleted)
    The best and the most secure way...

5.background downloading
    Already supported within edge browser...

6.improved default music and video apps.
    I hope so, music especially, as a matter of fact it looks promising but requires lot of polish in future builds...

7.improved browser. Bcz ie 11 browser crashes frequently on some websites and doesn't load some websites properly.
    Edge in the latest build looks quite promising, I like it, not to mention it will be further improved in the coming builds...

But windows 10 mobile is definitely better than current wp8.1 as technical preview seems very interesting.
    Lot of improvements there is no doubt it looks better and very promising even in this early TP state...
    07-13-2015 03:29 AM
    It's expected, depending on hardware ofcourse...

The best and the most secure way...

Already supported within edge browser...
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...fb2ca3cf6a.png https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...7bfba07406.png

I hope so, music especially, as a matter of fact it looks promising but requires lot of polish in future builds...

Edge in the latest build looks quite promising, I like it, not to mention it will be further improved in the coming builds...

Lot of improvements there is no doubt it looks better and very promising even in this early TP state...

Yehh dude agreed some features are hardware dependent and some current Lumia will not get that in update.
    Just want those features in upcoming new Lumias.
    I even saw that edge browser comes with new features alongside ie.in technical preview.
    But thanks anyone. Lol
    07-13-2015 04:02 AM
    I don't want it to look like ios/Android. But windows phone is missing functionality that the competitors offer already. The start screen is cluttered when you are scrolling down to find an app that looks eerily similar to the next. I understand microsoft unification across devices, but mobile shouldn't exist on desktop and vice versa. Mobile should take on its own design cues
    Last edited by Cage Ata; 07-13-2015 at 04:59 AM.
    07-13-2015 04:07 AM
64 123