windows 10 Mobile still missing and most requested feature.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Openvpn support.
They include that and I'm happy - even though the Enterprise apps I need will never come to wp (iron fx, icon etc). Consumer vpns are a must for a traveller.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how advanced WP par any os can be? I thought things like touch screen, playing music and going online socially was amazing years ago! Then APPS were invented......its not just a phone, but a games machine plus more................But, there's got to be a limit what can be done? ITS A PHONE.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Groove Music needs a "recently added" section. This has been posted to uservoice, feedback and several other forums along with the request for a "recently played" section since wp8/xbox music. MS gave the green light and eventually added the recently played but seems to have given the thumbs down to a recently added section.

IMO recent additions is more important than recent plays. In fact, for me at least, recently added kind of encompasses recent plays. Most of the time when I look at recent plays it's because I'm looking for something that I recently added to my phone and listened to but can't remember the name (obviously because I just added the song...recently).

I've made the decision to continue posting this in the feedback section until they listen. We really got hosed with the Music experience in 8/8.1 and I'd really hate to have to go through that again.

Abrar ahamed

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
WiFi direct? It was promised since cyan gdr1.... But still not available and the most importantly separate locking or hiding feature for photos and apps, messages etc. My brother who is 11yrs can guess the password by seeing my hand movement. Windows phone lacks privacy but wants it to be anti pirated.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My brother who is 11yrs can guess the password by seeing my hand movement. Windows phone lacks privacy but wants it to be anti pirated.

There isn't much you can do about a nosey 11 year old to be honest, short of keeping your phone on you at all times or buying a WP for him to keep him from using yours. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "Windows phone lacks privacy but wants it to be anti pirated" as WP seems to have the some of the best privacy settings out of all of the mobile operating systems, not quite sure what that has to do with anti piracy though.

Abrar ahamed

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case hmmm). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.

suggestion: smack your 11 yo brother upside his head, that may deter him, JK - on a serious note, he should be taught respect for other people's property ...
and there are apps to lockdown that adult content!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
My requested features-
1: Landscape start screen in phone.
2: Interactive live tiles.
3: Install(Sideload) apps manually.
4: Background downloading.
5: Downloads showing in notification centre.
6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.)
I miss those feature current build of windows 10 mobile build.

Oh number 6 is actually a feature now. On the latest preview, go to the privacy settings and you will see an setting for radio. That's for apps that control WiFi and Bluetooth

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I know it has privacy and security which can defend you from a professional hacker but lacks basic privacy which can prevent a 11yrs old to access personal content( adult content in my case). And by the way here in india no 11yr old carries a phone by himself/herself. And by anti piracy I mean no pirated app content which has been tampered like in android. Sorry because of my bad English I cannot define some technical terms.

Well then you need to teach your brother respect for your property then, no software can defend against that. As for pirated apps, that just won't happen as the OS checks the store to make sure you own the content you're trying to install.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Today release windows 10 Mobile build 10166. In this build our old store remove But in old store have a good feature that's not available in new store.
In old store we sideload apps using install local apps option. in build 10166 old store removed.
So now how to sideload apps in this 10166 build? Now developer mode work in latest build 10166?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Today release windows 10 Mobile build 10166. In this build our old store remove But in old store have a good feature that's not available in new store.
In old store we sideload apps using install local apps option. in build 10166 old store removed.
So now how to sideload apps in this 10166 build? Now developer mode work in latest build 10166?
Get latest windows 10 build on your pc, use the deployment tool.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Share your windows 10 Mobile missing and most requested feature that's not available in current builds.
My requested features-
1: Landscape start screen in phone. i dont know why
2: Interactive live tiles. BIG YES, atleast for the music app.
3: Install(Sideload) apps manually. idc
4: Background downloading. BIG YES, and not by individual app, i just never know when i can go back and when i cant and it will keep working.
5: Downloads showing in notification centre. Part of 4
6: Give permission to access apps to setting.(Ex- now shareit app not able to automatically turn on WIFI or hotspot.)
I miss those feature current build of windows 10 mobile build.

BTW have you put these in user voice?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
More open OS, so apps can have more features at all. ?

LOL, i feel you, but now a days, to get an "Open" OS you have to sell your soul to the Devil Aka Google and get android. Do no evil, but collect and monetize everything.
Cant wait til Google on Tap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb