windows 10 Mobile still missing and most requested feature.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I will ever abandon windows on pc but mobile.. Its becoming more of an endurance test than anything else. If WM only receives bug fixes from this point onwards, ill be leaving for ios and I really don't want to because I love windows. I love the tiles. I don't know why its so difficult to offer the same capabilities as the competitors. Interactive tiles with toggles could have been a game changer I think, truly making them 'live' and I know its coming later but at launch, this is Microsofts last chance.

- further improved action center
- background downloads in action center
- revamped app list. (It looks visually horrible when you swipe left from the start screen)
- larger tile for screens 5" and up
- interactive live tiles. (music toggles)
-transparent and/or blur in action center
-more colour, that black throughout the os looks clean but blocky af
-snap chat
-usbg
-more tile options. Different sizes. Individual colours
-better keyboard
-audio/music tray redesign. Too large. Perhaps add shuffle toggle.
-landscape mode.
-multiple start screens. Swipping left or right. Remap app list.
-improved lockscreen

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I will ever abandon windows on pc but mobile.. Its becoming more of an endurance test than anything else. If WM only receives bug fixes from this point onwards, ill be leaving for ios and I really don't want to because I love windows. I love the tiles. I don't know why its so difficult to offer the same capabilities as the competitors. Interactive tiles with toggles could have been a game changer I think, truly making them 'live' and I know its coming later but at launch, this is Microsofts last chance.

- revamped app list. (It looks visually horrible when you swipe left from the start screen)
-snap chat
-usbg
-better keyboard
-landscape mode.
-improved lockscreen

I don't think they will put all these features.. These features might have been put off till Redstone update comes. But UI can be changed. But mostly it will be in sync with desktop UI

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Edge downloads appears in action center already?!??
8c7c7e060ed4e05c748bb43a8e28e6aa.png

d78313a395d6373b23e37efb2ca3cf6a.png

0621b3b2eeb2f48ffba46c7bfba07406.png

Last edited:

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
-snap chat
-better keyboard
-landscape mode.
-improved lockscreen
You're crying for iOS/Android clone. I honestly wish it won't happen as those similarities to iOS/Android we can see in Win 10 mobile is enough. I'd still prefer to continue Win 8.1 style, but this is the price we are paying for unification of Win 10 OS across the devices.
I don't need extra colors, I don't want extra StartScreen (that is why I cant stand Android, as it gets so cluttered and ugly).
All I want is simplicity, efficiency, rock stable services (Office Online, OneDrive, XboxLive, Store, etc..) + new collection of Win 10 Lumias. :)

Last edited:

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
i want some of those features.
1.wifi direct
2.otg
3.particular app locking feature (I doesn't like apps corner mostly)
As there is no app locker for wp8.1
4.file hiding feature. (although some apps are in store import files and store them as app data and only accessible through app but its complicated...if app gets uninstalled all data is deleted)
5.background downloading
6.improved default music and video apps.
7.improved browser. Bcz ie 11 browser crashes frequently on some websites and doesn't load some websites properly.
But windows 10 mobile is definitely better than current wp8.1 as technical preview seems very interesting.
But final os should be simple and stable. Don't want unwanted stuffs like multiple home screen.it should be fluid and smooth.....my gs4 doesn't match Lumia 1320 s smoothness as gs4 lags sometime,
I have to say why not my Lumia 625 too about smoothness of ui and consistency in performance.
We have to wait and see. Lol

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It's expected, depending on hardware ofcourse...

although some apps are in store import files and store them as app data and only accessible through app but its complicated...if app gets uninstalled all data is deleted)
The best and the most secure way...

5.background downloading
Already supported within edge browser...
d78313a395d6373b23e37efb2ca3cf6a.png
0621b3b2eeb2f48ffba46c7bfba07406.png

6.improved default music and video apps.
I hope so, music especially, as a matter of fact it looks promising but requires lot of polish in future builds...

7.improved browser. Bcz ie 11 browser crashes frequently on some websites and doesn't load some websites properly.
Edge in the latest build looks quite promising, I like it, not to mention it will be further improved in the coming builds...

But windows 10 mobile is definitely better than current wp8.1 as technical preview seems very interesting.
Lot of improvements there is no doubt it looks better and very promising even in this early TP state...

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
It's expected, depending on hardware ofcourse...

The best and the most secure way...

Already supported within edge browser...
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/d78313a395d6373b23e37efb2ca3cf6a.png //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/0621b3b2eeb2f48ffba46c7bfba07406.png

I hope so, music especially, as a matter of fact it looks promising but requires lot of polish in future builds...

Edge in the latest build looks quite promising, I like it, not to mention it will be further improved in the coming builds...

Lot of improvements there is no doubt it looks better and very promising even in this early TP state...

Yehh dude agreed some features are hardware dependent and some current Lumia will not get that in update.
Just want those features in upcoming new Lumias.
I even saw that edge browser comes with new features alongside ie.in technical preview.
But thanks anyone. Lol

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't want it to look like ios/Android. But windows phone is missing functionality that the competitors offer already. The start screen is cluttered when you are scrolling down to find an app that looks eerily similar to the next. I understand microsoft unification across devices, but mobile shouldn't exist on desktop and vice versa. Mobile should take on its own design cues

Last edited:

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, it seems you need to re-arrange your StartScreen, then. :)

What I would like to see in App list. If there would be possibility to set certain app as favourite and then select what I want to display in the top of list either Recent or Favourite would be nice addition.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Clean. Vibrant. Organised, perfect.

Attachments

• New-Start-Screen-and-Interactive-Tiles-Show-Up-in-Windows-Phone-10-Concept-468834-3.jpg
    New-Start-Screen-and-Interactive-Tiles-Show-Up-in-Windows-Phone-10-Concept-468834-3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 6

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Here's my list -

1. Interactive live tiles for Groove / FM Radio - Windows 10 should have already added it by now :\
2. 3G lock - Do not want my skype/viber audio-video calls to disconnect when the phone switches to 2G. (3G and 4G are a still catching up in India)
3. Selecting a few photos and clicking share doesn't give the option of Blue tooth until manually switched on.
4. Accepting all Blue tooth files at once and not individually.

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have simple needs - can we just have sound profiles. It used to be standard in candy bar Nokias. Why is it so difficult?
Proper, conditional call forwarding without having to know all those daft codes.

Priorities: Phone first, email second. Everything else should be a distant 3rd.

May go to Blackberry next.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have simple needs - can we just have sound profiles. It used to be standard in candy bar Nokias. Why is it so difficult?
Proper, conditional call forwarding without having to know all those daft codes.

Priorities: Phone first, email second. Everything else should be a distant 3rd.

May go to Blackberry next.

It's simple, but a whole lot of simple things add up! Probably a matter of priorities.

I highly recommend trying Blackberry 10 if you'd like. Like MS, Blackberry's put together a terrific phone OS that's just lacking in the app department.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Here's my list -

1. Interactive live tiles for Groove / FM Radio - Windows 10 should have already added it by now :\
2. 3G lock - Do not want my skype/viber audio-video calls to disconnect when the phone switches to 2G. (3G and 4G are a still catching up in India)
3. Selecting a few photos and clicking share doesn't give the option of Blue tooth until manually switched on.
4. Accepting all Blue tooth files at once and not individually.

3G only option is there in win10

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I know it's coming but : Instant messaging app that includes Sms & Skype. I actually use Skype as much as I send text messages, so this is really a feature (app, I know, I know!) that I really want to see coming.

Oh and yeah : Of cource, a transparent/glassy notification center, just like the one we have on Win10 PC!

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How about being able to backup apps of YOUR CHOICE ? Instead of preying that a DEV updates their app to support app backup (and we know most don't, even the Microsoft facebook app does not)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss