Feature of sharing apps with others is coming to windows 10 mobile???

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
we still don't have the option of sharing apps in WP8.1 mobile, which hinders people switch to windows platform.Its a major feature which everyone would welcome if it arrives in Windows 10 mobile.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
To be really honest with you, I'm not crazy about, not at all....isn't it easier to point your friend to get it from store?

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile does have a sideload apps option in the settings. Whatever that does.

BUT, as a developer, apps should be purchased and not shared.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Not working in current build but it will in future and it will be limited to certain number of application for testing purpose, for everything else store is the way to go...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
when android users can share .apk file with other android users, why can't WP users??
Going forward this will be an hindrance.
It is quite possible to implement such feature for freeware apps but as I said IMO there are no valuable objective arguments for implementing feature that will work only partially, some developers simply don't like idea of sharing installation files and therefore don't allow installing apps on SD crads for example...

To fix this Microsoft will implement 'limited' side loading feature which will most probably satisfied both worlds, developers and end users... but of course, that's just my opinion...

Last edited:

hellboarder

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think what he would like to do, is share a purchased app across other devices (ie in your family). In Windows 8.1 on Windows RT or on PC that is possible, but not on the phone. Apple lets users do this across IOS as well as MACOS devices. Obvioulsy both MS and Apple place restrictions on the number of shared devices, but that's totally fine for me. For example Minecraft is $6.99, and I refuse to pay that over again for each of my kids.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think what he would like to do, is share a purchased app across other devices (ie in your family). In Windows 8.1 on Windows RT or on PC that is possible, but not on the phone. Apple lets users do this across IOS as well as MACOS devices. Obvioulsy both MS and Apple place restrictions on the number of shared devices, but that's totally fine for me. For example Minecraft is $6.99, and I refuse to pay that over again for each of my kids.

Windows 10 store app licenses permit sharing across 10 devices. Sign in using your store account on all your family phones...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos