BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
ATT 1520

Did a Hard Reset, here is what I have seen,

Audio notifications Still not working, for Email or anything else for that matter.
No Hey Cortana, but Cortana works.
Live Tiles tell me I have email, but again no audio notifications, and after the hard reset, I don't even have outlook as an option under notifications.
Can't change ringtone to anything other than stock ringtones.

That's all I have seen so far.

You have to turn on sounds and banners from inside the mail app. It's in the options.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
For me live tile of people app not working and double tap for expand and collapse of action center. Any advice for live tile of people app? Don't want to make hard reset because of that

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The People App live tile suddenly starts working on my Lumia 1320.

Didn't work before on the previous build, but now it works in this build!

Rye Co

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Looking for an answer how to Install Lumia Camera on Lumia 1020.

Badly needed it the default camera is so Sluggish.. cant even used it. Please help me out.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Whose done a hard reset? Can you still access Glance Screen in Extra along with the other ones like audio and display?
did a hard reset on my L830. I am having the looping "...loading..." on reboot. Can only get out of that by getting into feedback and then return to home screen.
glance screen is gone. was there after I updated from 8.1 but wasn't functional.

I can live without glance screen. It's still running, however I have no means of setting night time settings....

Aaron Witter1

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I did a hard reset, got everything set up, I think, I can send text messages but not pictures. Is there a workaround, a setting I missed or is it just "not there" yet?
Thanks.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Most better build, faster and no issues going from 10149 build. Nokia 925 and did not hard reset.
Few issues still:
--- Nokia Here Drive+ and Here Maps, have updates available in Store but updates will still fail. Looks like Here apps no longer supported in w10, or at least for now
--- Cortana still takes some time when using hands-free Bluetooth, super annoying to have the first beep telling you command sent to to phone and than have to wait for Cortana app beep again to let you know when you can talk. Its annoying and very slow process when driving. WP7 was so much better.
--- Contacts Custom Ringtones and Text messages still broken, send me to store to get Ringtone App that doesn't exits.
--- Languages packs still broken.

Overall much better experience.

kwartey

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I was on the windows 10 mobile tp build 100149 and my camera's Xenon flash was perfectly working until i updated the camera app then the Xenon flash stopped working. i just upgraded to build 100166 but the problem still persists. So i did a hard reset and to my suprise the Xenon flash still doesn't work. Is anyone facing this issue?

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
On my HTC One M8 downloaded and installed 10166, also did a hard reset. Apps updated and everything appeared to be ok, but ran into a couple show-stoppers:
1) When texting someone, even if you enter/select the right contact, it does send the text to that contact, but shows the next contact in the list for the person in the conversation. Weird. When they reply, it only shows the persons phone number but not their name in a new message thread.

2) Camera app is totally messed up. Picture is very distorted. Trying to use the HTC Camera app doesn't work at all.

Oh well, back to 8.1! I like the look/feel of WM10 overall and look forward to using it a little farther down the road.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Did a full reinstall, did not get the 'loading' loop on start, fixed all email accounts etc. Restarted this morning: "Loading ... Loading .. Loading ..". The trick to remove the background doesn't fix it for me. Any other tricks to get out of this state? I can still get to Cortana and settings "just" not the start screen. :(

Edit: I wonder if it has something to do with (still) some scaling issue. My tile layout looked a bit weird and cramped when it still worked, with the tiles showing a little bigger with little space, and the lowest row of tiles clipped at the bottom of the screen. The ATT splash screen shows too narrow when booting. Something's off. AT&T Lumia 1520.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My 520 finally updated. My guess is their servers were overwhelmed.

One thing that I have a problem with on the 520 is that all the store downloads end up failing. And the reason for it is that it attempts to do dual downloads. What I did to get around that is paused all downloads and did them one at a time. This actually solved all my issues!

Woot! much faster no doubt. Looking more polished too.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I got to use this build for some time but at first it was stuck on the "loading" screen after the update to get to the home screen. It seems there is a bug that prevents the home screen from booting properly. On my Lumia 920.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786