BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

sibbl

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't make folders on start screen.. Is there any method to make them? Or does hard reset helps? Thanks

Same here. I drag one tile on another tile and there's a glitch... the graphics change but when ending the gesture, the tiles are still separated. I can add tiles to existing folders, however. And I did a hard reset, so this shouldn't be the reason.

SJ66

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hitting a bug during install.

After a while of waiting, the phone shows the "resuming..." load screen and boots to start menu. Update not completed. Trying to re-access settings results in loading screen, and boot to start. Can't check status or anything.

Anyone else getting this?

I had the same issue on 535. Did find that for some reason that the phone thought battery saver was turned on although it wasn't. Plugged the phone in to the charger and tried again and install worked.

Pacou90

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, someone know how to install lumia selfie, lumia studio creatif and lumia cinemagraph and some other lumia app ?
i can't install then ! on store they say not available anymore...

thank you !

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I drag one tile on another tile and there's a glitch... the graphics change but when ending the gesture, the tiles are still separated. I can add tiles to existing folders, however. And I did a hard reset, so this shouldn't be the reason.

Works fine here. Odd. Also did a hard reset right after. Did you update all apps etc..? Check for updates in store.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: I guess it just takes a long while to get everything up and running. I did a few hard resets with the same "resuming" issue but everything finally started working. Even the People Hub has been updated and is now actually a working live tile even though I hate the redesign. Also, hitting the home button takes me right to the start screen with no issues. Lumia 920.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Icon which has experienced well documented issues with the insider program. As the previous build was deteriorating over time, I elected to revert back to WP 8.1 and then hard reset to clear everything and start fresh. Friday night, I launched the 10166 build and went to sleep. This morning I woke up with a fairly robust OS that has a few minor issues (3 apps will not update) but has taken all of my apps and seems to function very well. Their is the odd blue screen accessing the store, but otherwise, its fairly crisp. Email, files, ect have transferred well. If it is a stable tomorrow as it is today, I am going to put my sim chip in from my HTC M8 and take it out to check reception, messaging, and data downloads. Given all my previous headaches, I am really very excited about what's been released.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This build messed me up again (just like past builds).... Well, it would keep failing with an error on my 8.1 configuration. It would give an "error happened, try again later"(still after 3-4 attempts). So I made sure I had a backup. Hard reset, did not restore, downloaded the Dev app, upgraded to 10166. Then after upgraded, I was getting loading screens, so I hard reset.

Now, Endless spinning gears for about 5-10 min, then it goes to a sad face. Tried to hard reset manually, same results, Complete failure..

Back to 8.1 for me....crap, I was looking forward to checking this build out

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
they said that with build 10158 we might get slow motion videos at 120fps, build 10166 was released so where is my slow motion video? :D

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This build is another huge improvement from the last. Everything runs smoothly and as fast as 8.1. I haven't had a single issue with it so far. Definitely a daily drive OS no doubt. I have it installed on both 929 and 822.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This build is another huge improvement from the last. Everything runs smoothly and as fast as 8.1. I haven't had a single issue with it so far. Definitely a daily drive OS no doubt. I have it installed on both 929 and 822.

Lucky you...See my post 2 above yours :(

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I just hope that that since the mobile builds have caught up with the desktop that the phone team haven't finished adding more features. That would be a shame, as there is still

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone figures out what it is that triggers the "loading" issue on start. It keeps coming back on my 1520. For now I'm on the Fire Phone that I bought this week for the heck of it..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro