BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
640XL here, No landscape keyboard - this problem exists since 10136. SMS notifications are absent, I get sms notifications when I restart my phone.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not working. any other fix?? Circles are live but no images
it didn't work for me until this morning. I played around with accounts under What's New removed and added. It didn't have an immediate effect, but this morning the people live tile started working showing images in all circles and is live.

maybe it just takes a long time....

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Bug: When I go to Accounts in settings it says I'm using a local account and suggests logging on with MS account.

I clearly am on a MS account because my calendar, One Drive photos, etc, all reflect my MS account.

But if there are now degrees of logging on, if I do click to log on to a MS account, it displays "Just a moment.... with the spinning dots for at least 30 minutes (tried it twice with soft rest between).

So pick one or both: Incorrectly shows local account when logged onto a MS account, or hangs trying to log onto a MS account.

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
it didn't work for me until this morning. I played around with accounts under What's New removed and added. It didn't have an immediate effect, but this morning the people live tile started working showing images in all circles and is live.

maybe it just takes a long time....

I've been on 10166 since it was released... No change unfortunately.

Then again, it's not a critical issue at all, I can live with the empty circles :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I finally got 10166 installed, and it seems over all pretty good and stable. My Main problem is with the Pebbles Notification app, It runs and sends email notifications to my watch but, when you in the app, it just hangs at "loading applist" they must of changed something in the way apps are listed in all apps so this application will not see them. That sucks, went from getting notifications from every app I select to now just email.

The other big thing is battery drain. before I upgraded to this, I had to rebuild my phone with 8.1 and reinstall all my apps, On Windows 10 phone, where do you disable background tasks for other Apps, in battery saver in Windows 10, it only shows a few apps, Not all the games and other programs that were actually using background tasks ?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Another. L930 user here.
Build 10166 can almost be used as a daily. Most of the settings work now, only a few just send u back to home screen. I really like the new personalization settings, new keyboard, backup options (not everything works yet) and the new word, excell, powerpoint, store. Awesome! I really like where this is going.
Now i know the store is just out of beta, but i cant install onenote, and it keeps trying to update the nokia account for some unknown reason. Apps i miss that arent inthe store yet or not working anymore: notes app,one note, lumia camera (cant launch with camera button and it says install from store,its not there), a seperate gmail app or live tile, VLC and a couple others.
Edge is nice but still kinda slow. Most problems occur on Windows Central site, which was crappy even before, but now it is even worse. The new browser could use a favorites shortcut when u open it, instead of a need to go under 3 submenus. Youtube links now open in full youtube site, works well but hard to press the small keys it has.
I can see a huuuuge inprovement of battery life compared to older builds (50% better at least). Everything is quite stable. No need to turn off the phone since install.

I have one strange problem tho. Outlook callendar is gone from start screen and it doesnt give me an option to pin it from the app list. Same thing with some other apps.
Also, i cant send or recieve MMS, no matter the celluar settings.
Third problem is the annoying you are near your data limit notification. Sometimes every 10 seconds or so, and it doesnt stop untill u turn on wifi.
Thats basicly it. I think the fast L930 processor helps with how this build works compared to slower lumia phones.

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
photos app still a total mess, and after a good day or so of use stops updating new pictures taken entirely. this is the only problem keeping it from being something I can use daily

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
On My ICON, the camera button does not work, it just opens and closes, if I go to the start menu and open the camera, it works fine.

Any idea ?

Edit: after trying it 4-5 times, now it works...interesting...

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
-Can't connect to bluetooth
-Wireless charging charges at 0% and gets the phone very hot
-Uploading pictures to Onedrive very slow or doesn't upload at all

-Groove music crashes randomly
-Screen glitches
-Animation stutters from start screen to all apps (sometimes)
-Can't connect to bluetooth
-Uploading pictures to Onedrive very slow or doesn't upload at all

****Updated***** 7/13

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have one strange problem tho. Outlook callendar is gone from start screen and it doesnt give me an option to pin it from the app list. Same thing with some other apps.
In previous releases, people had to uninstall and reinstall an app when that happened. My take was that Windows incorrectly thought the app was already pinned, so didn't offer the option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923