BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You have to do a hard reset after update for apps to work that's what I had to do then go into store check for updates store app and all core apps have updates waiting

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Can I disable the haptic feedback on the Start, Back and Search buttons? It used to be under "Touch" on 8.1

Also, how do I turn push notifications on so I can reinstall some apps from my PC? I click reinstall but the site can't find my phone (and it's not under "Find My Phone)

genuinefrand

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok i tried to install build 10166 and it is worse than 10149 on my Lumia 640 XL. Now the start screen is stuck on loading and after resuming and the phone locks. Definetely i'm tired reinstalling. I recommend against installing this build on Lumia 640 XL. Not stable and slow. For me at least. I'm back to 8.1 and many hours to reinstall :(

Marc_With_a_C

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ran the update and finally got into my start menu. Now nothing works. Tried a few soft resets. keep getting app can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store. This includes when I try to get settings!! Get that even for the store app. I have two store apps though. One gives that error and the other just does nothing when you click on it. This has been running for over an hour. Be patient or is it time to do a hard reset? Not sure if it is pulling down files or what. I didn't see the usual migrating your stuff messages after the gears screen.

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done hard reset yet, but cortana reading texts aloud still doesn't seem to be working. Unless I'm doing something wrong. Hopefully next build.

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my 928 without issue (had to be patient). Worked for a while until the store started to hang.. now even after a hard reset it wont boot past the startup menu ... Just get loading ... over and over. Not sure how to proceed. Back to windows 8.1 and then re install, suggestions?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Installed on my 928 without issue (had to be patient). Worked for a while until the store started to hang.. now even after a hard reset it wont boot past the startup menu ... Just get loading ... over and over. Not sure how to proceed. Back to windows 8.1 and then re install, suggestions?
if another hard reset via the buttons doesn't work the only other option is to revert to 8.1 via Windows Phone Recovery tool.
good luck

anon(9538491)

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Updated on my L630, buggy as hell, after inserting the PIN it went to the All Apps menu, the apps would show up slowly, one by one, but I could not access anything else. Gonna wait some time till everything is loaded.

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
figured it out.. if you aren't connected with a Microsoft account the main start menu wont load.. you need to go to settings and reconnect with your Microsoft account, the local account wont work.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Same behavior on a L635 upgrading from 10149. An update may be available in the store, which won't open because of this error message.

What's worse than a brick? A brick with tiles that don't open anything.

Can't hard reset, settings gives the same error. Time to break out the recovery tool back to 8.1 and try again.
Text or call or send a email to yourself, and open that app from a notification, that fixed mine

Enviado desde mi C6833 mediante Tapatalk

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My 830 is missing the all apps list, completely gone, and I didn't think this phone could get any slower, but wow. Core apps like OneNote and OneDrive, etc... stuck updating, and it downloaded the update twice. It went through, gears, waiting, etc., restarted, then went right back to phone update and did it again. Not recommended.

Edit: After taking some advice and resetting I gotta say, not bad at all. Apps are back, everything updated, and its running pretty darn good. Actually really darn good. I think I am going to run this as a daily driver. Took me some time to figure out the new location deal and letting apps use that info, which is killer, but this really is nice.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb