BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to download 10166 to my phone but it says downloading updates but it has been at 0% for ages and doesnt seem to start. Any ideas?

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
What doesn't work on the 830?

Pretty much everything didn't work, then I reset it, and I haven't found a thing that doesn't work. Now, some things don't work perfect, like Groove (or whatever it us when you click on the new Music tile) doesn't see OneDrive music quite right, or when unlocking the screen it flashes the last app open for a millisecond, then goes to home screen, but nothing major that I see. I am killing my battery playing with it to see what else is up, but really at this point, I am going to stick my sim in and give it a try as a daily driver. I know we will find more bugs and things, but for me this is by far without a doubt the smoothest build yet. The store gave me some troubles updating some apps, but after hitting retry that worked too. Pretty darn impressed by this one. And the new look to some apps is awesome.
Edit: This is weird, leaving the screen on in the music app it is now adding music, but from Xbox music, or wherever my PC backed up music, but only when the screen is on.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
All I had to do is open People go back to the start screen and eventually it started bubbling out lol

Anyone else having problems opening "Audio" from "Extras"?

Some things seem like they take a few taps, or a bit of time to open, but no, it opens fine on my 830.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and please everyone use the Insider feedback, MS really needs to know what's working, not working, slow, wrong, what we love, hate, etc... Without us brave souls the Insider program wouldn't mean much!

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I got the people app to work, somewhat, but only the circles move around. They are all blank, even when I put pictures in profiles or sync my twitter to people which has pictures I still can't get the live tile to show pictures in the circles.

Anyone else get the live to work with actual pictures in the circles?

jimm69

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a HTC One but my store app would hang every time I used it. I unpinned it from the start screen and repined it from the app list and it hasn't hung yet since doing this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo