BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't see the start screen. I can open apps via Cortana, but my start screen just stays on "Loading...", goes black, and "Loading..." re-appears :/

Looks like the most annoying issue with this build, I'm also facing the same problem and already reported issue on the bugs thread and will add it to Insider hub as well. Anyway I managed to fix this by puling action center hit settings and set the start background image to none, after this your start should loads just fine and once loaded properly you can again bring your wallpaper and adjust it as you prefer, this happened to me 4 times since update...

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything working fine for me other than the fact I can't change the background image or colour options. Let's me select them but doesn't set.

Lumia 1520

anon(9538491)

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Still can't open "Audio" settings from "Extras", keep getting "audio can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store". and same thing happens with "Extras + Info".

Here I go again with another reset :sweaty:

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
is there any solution for start screen bug ? start keeps saying loading then screen goes black and again loading i can access apps and games with cortana but what to do about start, hard reset doesn't help me
As I already reported all over the board, setting background to none and restart usually helps... Will try to radically reduce number of live tiles to see if it eventually helps...

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
to the guy that has trouble installing languages packs: I had to install the Windows Insider app and reselect fast ring. Then went back to languages -> keyboard and it started after a few tries.

juliankueh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
A couple of issues.
1. Unable to add separate email tiles to the home screen
2. Separate email accounts can only be accessed via Outlook Mail
3. Installing apps doesn't prompt the ones that cannot be installed to sd
4. Unable to lock in one photo on Photos tile in order to avoid scrolling
5. No setting to disable on screen buttons vibrating when touched.

Otherwise pretty stable so far.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
ATT 1520

Did a Hard Reset, here is what I have seen,

Audio notifications Still not working, for Email or anything else for that matter.
No Hey Cortana, but Cortana works.
Live Tiles tell me I have email, but again no audio notifications, and after the hard reset, I don't even have outlook as an option under notifications.
Can't change ringtone to anything other than stock ringtones.

That's all I have seen so far.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, I had notifications working for mail even in 10149 build, together with sound notifications. They started to work with latet outlook app update a few days ago.

Dunno about them on 10166 as I've been setting up my phone lately and not receiving any email ;)

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Mobile hotspot, not working again Nokia l630 dual sim. Does not when usb tethering is not supported.

Contacts from sim card not yet supported; although contacts were available...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs