BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Mom has a Fire phone I think they should have partnered with MS on that. It is a nice phone and if I wasn't a WP person would be the phone I would probably use.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Update 2: it appears this is an off again, on again bug as my Lumia 920 was flawless for all of 20 minutes before getting stuck on the last program I opened and not being able to return to the start screen. Stuck in the "Loading" with black background before returning to last open app.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
My test 635 at 100% battery tells me it will continue when it is out of battery saver then later says it'll download once it reaches 40% battery.....never ending cycle.

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Right, so am running 10166 on my 930.

Everything seems to be functioning.. Except the live tile for People. All the circles are empty, no images showing up.

Anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Probably been pointed out but it's new to me. It was in the last build too. If you go to settings and choose one of the options, then turn the phone sideways. It goes into split screen. Kinda cool

gyhor

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Bug: Apps on the SD card wont open. Error message: There is an update in the store (or something like that)
Solution: Go to 'storage' and move the apps to the phone

gyhor

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
With my 830 no slomo options in the camera app. But now I have the option to record videos with Dolby digital surround. Was that there before ?

Paulperdigs

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
In my L730, the people app doesn't show the new animation, I tried to restart the phone, unpin and pin the tile, and the problem persist...
Is there some workaround?

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, after hard resetting twice (with a complete format of the SD card the second time), this build is showing some real potential. Granted, there are still bugs, but the performance on my 1520 is great with this build.

Few bugs:

1) Phone app always shows one missed call
2) The Microsoft app tiles are going blank at times (Outlook, Maps, etc). Have to unpin them and pin them again.
3) The Store still needs great working.
4) Glance screen options missing in settings.
5) Here apps unavailable

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
-Maps crashes
-WPCentral APP keeps telling "Check Internet"
-MS Edge locks, lags, and doesn't display pages properly. <--- Worthless and hasn't improved much throughout the builds.
-Some Applications tell me to connect to the internet even though I'm connected.
-Wi-Fi slow as ****.. .SP3 and my Laptop works fine. 150/150 internet connect on 5Ghz Wi-Fi.
-APPs still are in Queue and dont' download. I'm at 20 in queue and receive error 0x80F8001.. Nothing has change since the 10036.

madura31

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Any one tell me w10m build 10166 SMS and calls (with cool quick reply facility) work properly? Because I want to install in my Lumia 930. Thanks.

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to add google mail account and yahoo mail account in this build, I've installed technical preview first time, its awesome and I am using Lumia 730, but please help me with adding other accounts too. Thanks in advance

Babu S

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Still some problems in my Lumia 540.
But lot of improvements, looking smooth. Here is the some bugs
1.Lock screen not opening after entering PIN.
2.Sometimes screen goes black after entering PIN.

For those errors I have to remove my battery and start again.
3.Edge or UC browser crashed and restarted when trying to browse in "insider.windows.com"
4.Unable to change tile image.

I don't know these problems with my Lumia 540 or other devises.

Waiting for next build.
Have any suggestions?

thomasOmorrell

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Much improved! Overall smoother,here apps working again, I like the new live tile for people the animation is cool,the store seems to actually work now and most importantly battery life is improved that one was surprising considering it was just the first day! I'm very pleased with the performance on my 1520! Although I still can't add ringtones or text tones. Hopefully that will change soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786