BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

Kedare

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
But I can't get Cortana to work in Spain region.. It says it's not available on this region, weird because it was working fine on WP8.1

colossusr

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
For those having problems with installing keyboards and suggestions
1. Install insider and select fast ring
2. Go to settings keyboard and try to download the keyboard you want.
3. Go as fast as you can in the phone update screen and check for update.

If you do this fast then your keyboard will start downloading.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
For those having problems with installing keyboards and suggestions
1. Install insider and select fast ring
2. Go to settings keyboard and try to download the keyboard you want.
3. Go as fast as you can in the phone update screen and check for update.

If you do this fast then your keyboard will start downloading.

I did This.... Keyboard was downloaded... But, while preparing for download, it says " the text suggestions update for this keyboard doesn't download successfully"

Kedare

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I just have a small issue with the messaging/SMS application, it works fine but I don't get any notification or number showing on the live title, I have to go inside the application to see if I get new messages

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having problems opening the "Background Tasks" (Or however it's called in English :p Sorry) from the Privacy menu? , every time I try, it sends me back to the app list start screen. Would help a lot in managing battery if I could get the options up.

Thanks

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I know I said I would stay on this build, but today I went back to 8.1 for two reasons:

1 - Unable to add my Office365 account with two step authentication. It seems to go through the process, but when it asks for the code, it just sits there doing nothing.

2 - The data notification thing. Was driving me made every few seconds as soon as I walk out the door.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use Cortana to reply to texts ? I leave mine always on (not blu-tooth only). So now, when text comes in, I She says Text from <who ever> do you want to read it ? and it prompts for a reply, then crashes. What I mean is the lock screen shows with nothing on it till I slide it open.

This is something I use every day for when I am driving etc, so I can reply with out looking at the phone, anyone know a work-around for this, or is this just a bug that we are stuck with till the next build ?

This is on my ICON with 10166

Text has always worked for me, MMS didn't and still isn't.

MMS is working on my Verizon ICON, it did not work on 10149, it's why I went back to 8.1...before

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
If u set the store to auto update apps is there anyway to see what has been updated? Does it show
in the notification center or anything

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So, does extras+info not work? I dialed ##7820# to enter an unlock code that I just received from ATT, and I get a message saying I need to update extras + info.

Is there a different dial code to use, because it seems like extras+info is sort of dead.

shamjotisati

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey buddy!

I have installed Malayalam keyboard in my mobile and it works! Did you do a hard reset?

Do whatsapp me at +65 8101 7746 if you need help. Cheers! :excited:

Last edited:

shamjotisati

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I did This.... Keyboard was downloaded... But, while preparing for download, it says " the text suggestions update for this keyboard doesn't download successfully"

Hey buddy!

I have installed Malayalam keyboard in my mobile and it works! Did you do a hard reset?

Do whatsapp me at +65 8101 7746 if you need help. Cheers! :excited:

uros2404

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be heard somehow from people that work at Microsoft on these builds, because I have no other way to complain. I installed the preview on my L520 and as always, after the update nothing is working so I have to hard reset it. But there's this annoying bug in the hard reset that showed me twice today (and once before when previous build was released) a black screen with a sad emoticon. I don't know what is the problem and I don't know is there any other solution except the one to rollback to 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss