W10 10.0.10166.0

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 720 as a test device for w10 , the update continually fails and the update number is shown as 10.0.10166.0 ?? Am I missing something here or is my phone getting ahead of itself , I thought the latest build was 10149

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I made it once to 32% but it failed went back to downloading from 0% again and then rebooted, from then it now continues to update but just fails with a error number ?
Error code 0x80246007

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I made it once to 32% but it failed went back to downloading from 0% again and then rebooted, from then it now continues to update but just fails with a error number ?
Error code 0x80246007

I fixed this error code by reenrolling to fast ring but the download is stuck at 0% again

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly same problem with Lumia 520, so far nothing I can figure out, so just wait until Microsoft will fix it. I'm sure they already know.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having some issues downloading this build as well on my 1520. Just be patient though guys, I'm sure the downloads will smooth out soon.

And don't forget to do a hard reset after install. I start fresh, personally (NOT restoring a backup) that way all the settings and the OS itself is laid out as intended by the build. Makes it run a whole lot better.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Tried again this morning, 10166 reached 100% and went back to 0% and has now started downloading again.. Currently at 7%, reached 32% the whole screen resized to a small image top left and then just dropped me back to the desktop..
Hmmm... Going back to the update page shows 99% preparing to Install updates.. And then resuming appears on a blank screen and dropped back to start screen, returning back to update screen progress is now 100% preparing to install updates
Now given option to restart...
Which has produced spinning cogs AND a live progress bar... Looks like the image saved and is now installing

Last edited:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm fully installed now and running core os updates, for the short time I have been using this build it appears more stable than previous, updates actually work smoothly now, Cortana however is or appears to be a work in progress though
Spoke too soon, app update process just sent me back to the start screen and store no longer opens

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's normal. MS's release notes on the build told people to ensure they update their apps too. Only some OS updates can happen in the OS alone, but the biggest leaps are likely to need apps to change how they work with it too - this is one of those updates.

Store's update allows other apps to be updated that don't get picked up at first, so whatever it's doing must be important.

MOST OF ALL - do a full hard reset on your phone (Settings>System>About>Reset My Phone). This update, like most others, can leave users in a halfway state between versions with a bunch of frustrating conflicts. Do the hard reset, with no backup restore; you'll be glad you did.

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
i too have L720..and faced similar problem..
first got stuck at 0%, then for 4 hours at 10%..
then it failed during installation..
i did a soft reset and tried again...
again it was stuck at 10%, but in real its downloading in background..
finally got it installed..
now after the update, my phone is stuck in loading loop on homescreen!

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
This build is great way better from the other i can use my start screen now which didn't work with the other build the developer option cause a lot of issues if you try to check it the store is showing improvement but still laggy there's a lot of loading screen but the apps now works and don't crash the background download in WhatsApp now works for me which is a suprise
It's a good work but since no new feature and still lacka lot of them I'm not very happy about it

TechTick

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unable to install...got stuck at sad smiley and cogs cycle...does any one know of any fix for this issue? I don't want to hard reset and lose the data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett