W10 10.0.10166.0

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
The just getting better with time i didn't hard reset and I'm having a great experience the only issue is that the loading screen takes more time sometimes and i can't access the developer option also i can't view all the background apps cz they are showing without names the battery life is half what u can get with wp8.1

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed 10166 directly over 8.1 and so far the only problem is Gmail not updating. My other email accounts are syncing but the last time Gmail updated was 23 hours ago. SMS is working which it didn't on the last build.

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
O.K. roll back to wp 8.1 and than I was able to get 10166 build on my lumia 520 with not much hassle, It just took soooooo long time (about 3.5 hrs inc. rolling back), now lets see if it is any better

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
after the successful install i took some advice on board from DCTF in this thread and completely reset the device, that definately is good advice and seemed to settle the device down nicely, in fact this build seems to be trustworthy and smooth enough for me to put my Sim card in the device for a few days and use it as a daily driver for the first time, i am not a gamer or heavy user of 3rd party apps and so far after a day of usage the device o/s seems perfectly useable, there are some rough edges, Cortana is displaying a white background which is horrible and the settings for Cortana are found in notebook ?? but that aside so far all seems well and i actually now like W10

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Removed the sim from the test device, fluidity of the o/s movement and overall speed when using anything is still laggy, it doesn't quite hit the mark yet as a daily driver o/s but its getting closer

rafin

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using lumia720 for w10 test but can't update build 10166, downloaded 100% but installing isn't taking part...it says battery saver is on but battery is about 100% & battery saver isn't on by the way when it pause installation all the icon on the notification bar blinks continuously until restart...plz help

FLJeepGuy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 - Downloaded and started install, however, screen showing gears never finished. Phone is bricked now. Prior Windows 10 build worked fine, but now, the phone is in a constant reboot, gears, then ":-(" displayed. I have not tried the software reset tool yet...

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I think, best solution on this inability to download 10166 update and phone being stuck is roll back to 8.1 (denim) and than try again. This worked on my Lumia 520! I like this build, the best so far, apart from front facing camera is disabled, can't download any Lumia camera apps (panorama, selfie, re-focus etc.) + skype video calls are not possible, also i can't change notification sounds only, ringtone:-( . Sign in to microsoft acc. and sync. may be tricky as well, but there is few easy ways around that. Otherwise I LOVE IT

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Build 10166 works on Lumia 520.
The last build bricked my 520, had to use WRT to recover.
This build is working, thanks for tips from other posters.
I upgrade from WP8.1 then did a hard reset and did not restore from backup.
Make sure your phone is fully charged. My phone was on the charger while upgrading, but the battery still ran down, was not charging during upgrade.
Upgrade started adding Apps next, then the digital keypad came up and it appeared hung. So I did a soft reset by pulling out the battery.
Seems to be ok now. I did have a problem when I tried to remove some home screen tiles, the phone rebooted and the tiles were still there. Resizing home screen tiles does not work, they go back to original size. WP did not find my phone numbers saved on my SIM card, only found contacts saved in Outlook.com
Apps are very slow to load, but worked smoothly once started. I updated Here Drive+ and downloaded maps. It turned on GPS and used it this morning on the way to work, no problems.
One big complaint, too many screen touches. To change ringtone: settings>system>personalization>sounds>ringtone.
This is my daily phone, if it’s ok today, I may keep running it.

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Build 10166 works on Lumia 520.
The last build bricked my 520, had to use WRT to recover.
This build is working, thanks for tips from other posters.
I upgrade from WP8.1 then did a hard reset and did not restore from backup.
Make sure your phone is fully charged. My phone was on the charger while upgrading, but the battery still ran down, was not charging during upgrade.
Upgrade started adding Apps next, then the digital keypad came up and it appeared hung. So I did a soft reset by pulling out the battery.
Seems to be ok now. I did have a problem when I tried to remove some home screen tiles, the phone rebooted and the tiles were still there. Resizing home screen tiles does not work, they go back to original size. WP did not find my phone numbers saved on my SIM card, only found contacts saved in Outlook.com
Apps are very slow to load, but worked smoothly once started. I updated Here Drive+ and downloaded maps. It turned on GPS and used it this morning on the way to work, no problems.
One big complaint, too many screen touches. To change ringtone: settings>system>personalization>sounds>ringtone.
This is my daily phone, if it’s ok today, I may keep running it.

Sorry, is your front facing camera working so you can make skype video calls? can you change notification tones for sms, mms, emails? I don't have any customization problem pin, unpin, resize etc. In fact my 520 is running smooth and relatively fast.( good girl lol......but she is not without issues)

sathish A

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

You are not able to install W10 10.0.10166.0 preview.

Solution: Go to settings--->system--->reset .

reset your mobile. After reset. Download windows insider and check update. you will see the update will install.

Note: Reset will delete all your data in the mobile.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, is your front facing camera working so you can make skype video calls? can you change notification tones for sms, mms, emails? I don't have any customization problem pin, unpin, resize etc. In fact my 520 is running smooth and relatively fast.( good girl lol......but she is not without issues)
520 does not have a front facing camera and I don't use Skype anyway. I don't use SMS or MMS. I'm on Consumer Cellular, so I have to add those settings again.The phone did a lot of updating last night. I noticed there are not a lot of posts from people with 520s.
Resizing tiles is working now, but tiles that I removed have come back. :-(
I can't seem to get a custom ringtone to work either. Having problems getting the music player to work right.
I may go back to 8.1, this is very slow, I know it's the phone.

Kamil80

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
520 does not have a front facing camera and I don't use Skype anyway. I don't use SMS or MMS. I'm on Consumer Cellular, so I have to add those settings again.The phone did a lot of updating last night. I noticed there are not a lot of posts from people with 520s.
Resizing tiles is working now, but tiles that I removed have come back. :-(
I can't seem to get a custom ringtone to work either. Having problems getting the music player to work right.
I may go back to 8.1, this is very slow, I know it's the phone.

Yeah, sorry 520 really doesn't have front facing cam, I had it mixed up with problems on my 930.

alphac2005

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I've download it on my Lumia Icon and have several of the bugs occurring. I'm unable to connect to WiFi and the music player isn't working much at all and the Podcast app is incredibly unstable. Additional issues include tiles having trouble reassembling to their correct spots on the home screen.

lindy 1

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on Lumia 625, but solved...
Maybe it was again the overheating problem: clicked to install update, then put the phone to the fridge (it is not a joke!). The downloading had finished, the preparing to install finished. After restart i put back the phone to fridge while installing. now everything is fine... :D :grincry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05