Windows build 10166 safe to be installed on primary phone?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It is slower in 1320 compared to 1520 as in Daniel's video, obviously because of the hardware but I hope it will be as fluid as 1520 later. Might be I need a Hard reset too. When I talk about slower, the time I open apps. In Dan's video, all apps launch instantly opposite in mine.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That's the problem guys... Some people face too many problems in rolling back to win8.1 and it has 512mb RAM... So I'm very careful.

And that is very wise. Better safe then sorry.
I would suggest to first use the WPRT on your phone and see if it really works so reflash W8.1. By doing this you at least know it works.
Good luck

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Latest build is stable, overheating on normal use on my 535 is now gone it seems. Althrough last night installing it was a disaster, no apps were there, nor the store, needed a hard reset to work stable, not had to do that in a while. Working great today through.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was like whatever. I'll put this on my phone. It actually is smooth. Some minor glitches right and left but hey, you should actually see that coming.

Praxius1

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Well for my 930, this has been the best build I have used. The last build was nice and tolerable but wouldn't recommend as a daily OS for one's main phone. This build is very smooth, impressive and almost all the features I use are working fine. Finally the store app is downloading and updating apps properly and fast. Finally the apps I purchased in the past are recognized as purchased and I don't get stuck in a loop. I can get to the settings for my background tasks/apps to turn things off to save battery. There are only two nit picky things.... #1 the groups/folders on the start screen don't work well as they did in the last build. I can create one folder but no more. #2 I want Hey Cortana soon.... But again, nit picking and not deal breakers. All in all I would recommend this build over any of the previous. Going to slow ring doesn't make sense as you won't get this much more fluid and stable build, only obsolete builds that still have many bugs which I no longer have on this build.

Antony Antoniou

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Do all existing folders work, though?

Well for my 930, this has been the best build I have used. The last build was nice and tolerable but wouldn't recommend as a daily OS for one's main phone. This build is very smooth, impressive and almost all the features I use are working fine. Finally the store app is downloading and updating apps properly and fast. Finally the apps I purchased in the past are recognized as purchased and I don't get stuck in a loop. I can get to the settings for my background tasks/apps to turn things off to save battery. There are only two nit picky things.... #1 the groups/folders on the start screen don't work well as they did in the last build. I can create one folder but no more. #2 I want Hey Cortana soon.... But again, nit picking and not deal breakers. All in all I would recommend this build over any of the previous. Going to slow ring doesn't make sense as you won't get this much more fluid and stable build, only obsolete builds that still have many bugs which I no longer have on this build.

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Latest build is stable, overheating on normal use on my 535 is now gone it seems. Althrough last night installing it was a disaster, no apps were there, nor the store, needed a hard reset to work stable, not had to do that in a while. Working great today through.

Is it really worth the trouble of that tiresome installation process though? I don't mind the OS glitches, but really don't want to roll back to 8.1 for the sole reason of the installation being a massive hassle, and the OS not being worth it

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
So you wouldn't recommend installing it, huh?

No, not the 10149. I'd even be hesitant to recommend 10166, due to the fact that it is what it is: A technical preview.

It works, yes. But there are bugs and glitches, which are to be expected.

If you can live with the phone being a bit buggy, and maybe a bit unstable, then go ahead... But if you require a phone that works all of the time, 100%, then stay away.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't recommend it because of the annoying endless start screen loading issue that happens even after the hard reset and fresh start with 166

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't recommend it because of the annoying endless start screen loading issue that happens even after the hard reset and fresh start with 166

It's odd, isn't it... I don't have that loading issue at all.

Currently, I'm stuck with the appstore downloading. It does download, but it's really REALLY slow. Other than that, it's fairly stable.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It's odd, isn't it... I don't have that loading issue at all.
It looks like lot of people facing this quite serious and annoying problem which when occurs makes phone practically useless as you can only access settings and eventually respond on notifications. In mean time I figured out that it is possible to run apps and games with help of Cortana/search button so situation isn't totally hopeless :)
a65e579aee2507c89b10450e904523a2.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo