01-15-2018 07:11 AM
77 1234
tools
    Same problem for me on 1520, led me to hard reset, but then it wouldn't progress, now I'm trying to debrick my phone. Damnation. (Update before I even finished the post: ha, go go gadget WPRT!) Just going to leave it on 8.1 until that loading/resuming bug gets fixed. It also is hard locking (freezing) a lot, which is super duper annoying. So much for a more stable Build 10166!
    07-12-2015 03:31 PM
    Looks like a lot of people that run into this have a 1520. Last time around the 1520 also had tons of start screen issues. I hope next time they test that model thoroughly. :(
    07-12-2015 07:48 PM
    It's happened to me also ok my L930. It happened when i did a hard reset and also every time i restart the Phone. I normally solve it by pressing the search button to bring up Cortana and then pressing the home button. It works all the time.
    07-12-2015 07:55 PM
    Found a solution that works for me at least and a few others in a different thread.

I removed all tiles until everything fit onto one page. I removed all folders. Rebooted and no more ....loading... loop nightmares. I then started adding most of my live tiles and folders back. I have not seen the ...loading... loop so far for almost the entire day.

hope that helps others
    07-12-2015 09:32 PM
    I'm having this issue too, very sporadically, on my L1320. Sometimes locking the phone and coming back 5 minutes later fixes it. I have "show more tiles" enabled with "tile picture" set as my background, though it also happened with "full screen picture." My tiles all fit on one screen (can't scroll up/down), but I *do* have a number of folders on my Start screen.

Using Search to launch apps is a good temporary workaround when I don't have time to change settings/reboot. ;D
    07-12-2015 09:40 PM
    Looks like a lot of people that run into this have a 1520.
    Definitely not device related, it happens on all models....
    07-13-2015 01:50 AM
    the homescreen of my lumia 720 is caught in a continuous loading loop...
    first there is loading screen then is goes blank..then again loading..
    goes on!!
    I had the same problem. (Lumia 1520) I tested around 17ways to stop this "loading..." happening.
    Even I hard reset my phone 8 times!!!
    So. I figured out that the problem is with FOLDERS
    just remove all your folders from start screen.
    If your start doesn't come up, so go to settings > personalization > Start > and turn "show more tiles" off. Then go to start and start will load this time. Remove folders and enjoy Build 10166 😊
    07-13-2015 02:59 AM
    No folder at all, problem still appears from time to time so I'm pretty sure it is not only folders related...
    07-13-2015 03:01 AM
    I've got this problem as well. Been stuck loading for a while now! Has anyone figured out if it has anything to do with an SD card or not?
    Last edited by bguy_1986; 07-13-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    07-13-2015 10:11 AM
    I don't know if it'll work the same on all devices but mine is smooth as butter when I turned off the glance settings. Lumia 1520 here.
    07-13-2015 10:51 AM
    Has anyone figured out if it has anything to do with an SD card or not?
    Noooo, it is the same on devices without card support like on my 925...
    07-13-2015 11:12 AM
    Hard reset ended up fixing my problems. Going to try and turn off Glance to see if I notice a difference.
    07-13-2015 12:25 PM
    Try unpinning websites from start. I think the bug may be tied to Edge not liking IE mobile link on start.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    07-13-2015 12:29 PM
    I have 1520 and suddenly got this loading loop on trying to start my phone. it eventually clears, but I started a hard reset today and it solved the problem, until something while everything was been reinstalled asked for the phone to rebooted to finish, do not know if it was the touch updates or something like that, but after reset this loop thing came back. I had reset the phone and used it prior to this and the build was the most solid i have used, in fact it was quick, responsive and i didn't think of it as a preview. So something i installed which required a reboot caused it for me.
    07-13-2015 01:20 PM
    Yeah I have it too on my 1520 and it won't go away. Some have said the start screen shows up after about ten mins or so but mine has been doing the loading, loading for around half an hour. I'm at the point where I'm just gonna downgrade to 8.1 because this doesn't inspire confidence. Disappointing too because from what I've been able to do with the phone so far (settings, back my way into Edge) it seems like a clear step up from 8.1. Worthless though if I can't even access my apps from the start screen.
    07-13-2015 02:03 PM
    My Start screen kept loading too at first. I have a Lumia 720 so what I did was reduce the number of tile columns (go to settings then Start) it solved the problem for me. But i guess 1520 won't have that as it has 3 columns by default and no option to decrease.
    07-13-2015 02:12 PM
    Same thing on Lumia 920. What I did is turned more tiles off. I can turn it back on after some time and and it's fine, but the problem tends to reappear, so until they sort it via update I'll just stick to the old WP8 looks (oh my, those tiles were HUGE!).
    07-13-2015 03:51 PM
    Mines now ok, no resuming at all for a day or 2 now!

I don't let the phone die, but if I need to restart then I just leave it for 10 minutes
    07-13-2015 03:57 PM
    I'm almost certain it has to do with bad OS migration. I was forced to hard reset because I wasn't receiving text messages and I did a restore. Once my apps were downloading from the store I only have the loading problem about 1/3 of the time now where as before my apps weren't even being migrated from "other" storage.
    07-13-2015 04:40 PM
    It is known as a bug to MS, per reply to my feedback. For me, I just wait 5min, and then if it's still looping, I go to all settings via the action center, then hit the back key, and I am on the start screen. No settings changes needed.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    07-13-2015 06:11 PM
    I had the same problem. (Lumia 1520) I tested around 17ways to stop this "loading..." happening.
    Even I hard reset my phone 8 times!!!
    just remove all your folders from start screen.
    If your start doesn't come up, so go to settings > personalization > Start > and turn "show more tiles" off. Then go to start and start will load this time. Remove folders and enjoy Build 10166
    actually, the problem stays..
    but only happens while rebooting...and sometimes while changing background..
    i think its unavoidable...... only future update can fix this
    07-13-2015 11:00 PM
    Great thread, it's good to ear that you 're not alone with your problem !
    My 1520 homescreen can loop a night long if I do nothing and it happens each time I boot.
    No edge shortcut, but plenty of live folders and extra tiles for me. And I made a fresh recovery without change.
    The problem is that none of the solutions that I can read here are ok, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't..
    Keep trying...
    07-14-2015 06:12 AM
    i think its unavoidable...... only future update can fix this
    Very agree with U, I tried nearly everything, including silly attempt to delete all tiles except just few must have tiles on start screen and it didn't help eiter :D
    abduz likes this.
    07-14-2015 06:58 AM
    Very agree with U, I tried nearly everything, including silly attempt to delete all tiles except just few must have tiles on start screen and it didn't help eiter :D
    Maybe silly for you but it solved the problem for me. Almost two days now and no problems.
    07-14-2015 09:59 AM
    Problem is here as well. Had my touchscreen fail for me for a few times now, which requires a reboot to fix it (so basically i can't touch anything, hardwarebuttons do work so i know the system itself isn't crashing).
    Anyways, when i reboot, the startscreen won't load. And won't load for a long time. Its not 5 minutes in my case. Its a matter of hours.
    Changing the start-settings doesn't seem to work and i don't have any folders or IE links on my screen (i do have some sites but they are pinned by another app to set a nice icon instead).

Had the loading issue in other builds as wel and had to factory reset my phone a few times before. I think there's something wrong with my settings or something is corrupted in my sync, cause i had started fresh a while ago (not restoring something previous). But that was before i moved from 8.1 to 10166 again.

I'll see if unpinning a few items will help but i doubt it will. These Mobile builds are still too buggy to really get a good feeling about them. Especially the bugs that prevent you from using the startscreen. I can't understand why they wouldn't push fixes for the startscreen as it is basically your most important part of the OS (as you can't start apps without them, since Cortana doesn't work here).
    07-15-2015 05:05 AM
77 1234