How can I stop loading loop on my Windows 10 mobile build 10166?

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
the homescreen of my lumia 720 is caught in a continuous loading loop...
first there is loading screen then is goes blank..then again loading..
goes on!!

tapi85

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: loading loop on windows 10 mobile build 10166!!!

You are not alone with this issue. That loading screen stays about 10 minutes and then the start screen appears. That happens every time I boot my phone and sometimes when I just unlock my phone. Very annoying. Lumia 930.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I'm also facing the same problem and already reported issue on the bugs thread and will add it to Insider hub as well. Anyway I managed to fix this by puling action center hit settings and set the start background image to none, after this your start should loads just fine and once loaded properly you can again bring your wallpaper and adjust start as you prefer, this happened 4 times to me since update...

tapi85

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Yep, I'm also facing the same problem and already reported issue on the bugs thread and will add it to Insider hub as well. Anyway I managed to fix this by puling action center hit settings and set the start background image to none, now it should loads just fine and than you can again setup your start as you prefer, this happened 4 times to me since update...

Changing background image to none doesn't work for me :/

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

finally the screen appeared....without any background image....
i hope it stops behaving like this

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Unresponsive start screen is the only problem that I discovered so far, I'll try to fix it with hard reset and fresh start afternoon...

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

after hard reset...
all apps n games get deleted n downloading starts for all of them again..
its really annoying

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Well it's hard reset, it wipes everything, apps, games, personal data, settings, everything, but after restoring back up and reinstalling all content from store you'll be where you were before reset :)

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

but i faced a problem previous time i did hard reset.....it says that apps n games installed on my SD card are from another phone.
in order to use this SD card. i have to delete all content from it first..

Fludlyt

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Same problem is occurring on my 920. Changing wallpaper to none and resetting doesn't fix the problem unfortunately.
I've submitted feedback and a screenshot through the feedback app.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

same issue with 1020

hard rest, taken about 3 hours to sort and now i have holes in my start screen. rebooting causes the same problem. at least this time it fixed itself!

i can not re download any Lumia labelled a apps including story teller and lumia camera classic, refocus, pano etc!

when it went through the set up it said it failed to recover everything from back up. its not lost my whatapp chats and lost alot more!

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

I'm in the same boat! Finally decided to move my HTC One up to WinMo 10 since it's running smoothly on my 920 and now my start screen is stuck. I REALLY don't want to hard reset!

EDIT: As it turns out, it looks like it's re-installing all of my apps but EXTREMEY slowly. Using storage sense I see space used by "apps + games" creeping up and "other" storage slowly going down. Hopefully sometime in the next 8 hours my start screen will come back.

Last edited:

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

had the same issue on 920, for me a simple shut down, wait for 5 mins, turn on and let it start and load everything, wait 5mins, and it started working fine. if i set a pin for my phone than the problem comes back.
when it came back, did the same as above and it was fixed. before that i had tried soft reset a couple of time but it did not work

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

I upgraded from 10149 and experienced this issue. I managed to get into Settings and perform a backup, and performed a hard reset. I almost went with a clean install, but decided to restore my backup, and after it was complete, I was greeted by the Start Screen. I worked with 10166 since yesterday, trying different things, configuring it to my liking, and restarting my Lumia 1520 a few times. Every time, the Start Screen appeared correctly. All the while though, apps were continuing to restore, and then this morning, after a restart, I was faced with the "Loading..." loop. I'm leaning towards it potentially being an app, but that is merely gut instinct at this time. If I knew which one it was, I could uninstall through Settings -> Device -> Storage, but right now it'd be a crap shoot, just uninstalling at random, and then restarting each time just to confirm. It could take hours or days. I know that with... 10149, I believe it was? That some were reporting 1Password was possibly causing similar issues to this, so it wouldn't be unheard of. I'm not using 1Password this time though. I'm leaning towards the culprit being one of the old 8.1 apps with deeper ties to the OS though, like Glance, etc. I suppose that I could start with those. I'm currently moving all apps to my SD Card too, in some random, unsupported hope that it might work. At least I'm not alone!

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

same in my L1020.

it has fixed going to Setting>Custom>Start> Desactivate Show More Tiles and none for the background.
its really annoying

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

happens sometimes on my L830. If it happens what helps on mine is pressing power and vol down button to invoke feedback app. I let the feedback app load its page. Then I tap the windows home button and it goes to the start screen fine. Cumbersome but I don't have to wait forever for the startscreen to show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786