Cant change start screen background - build 10166

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
After update on my lumia 920 i think this built 10166 is very good,ready for daily use. But something stuck in this built, i cant change start screen background,i mean the background not changed. Is this the bug or only me who get this problem? Is there any workaround to fix this? Thanks 😊

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I got this problem on my 930 when I first updated to 10166. Go to Settings > System > (scroll down) About > (scroll down) Reset My Phone.

It will just reinstall 10166 again, which is a pretty quick process (if prompted, don't use a restore point - this tends to cause problems in the test builds).

It's not only the desktop issue that's a problem - you'll have more issues besides this if you don't do the full reset. It's a little bit annoying to have to go through putting your settings, logins and tiles back how they were, but trust me: it is worth it!

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Installing it on my L1520 was a rather painless process, but I have a few glitches among others this start screen picture. I did not reset it yet though. I will do that, but I have no time now. What I like is that it does not overheat anymore. I think I may be able to use this one for a while.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Installing it on my L1520 was a rather painless process, but I have a few glitches among others this start screen picture. I did not reset it yet though. I will do that, but I have no time now. What I like is that it does not overheat anymore. I think I may be able to use this one for a while.

When I reinstalled 10166 on a reset, I was surprised to see some Microsoft blue-themed desktop wallpapers added to my Camera Roll, and one added itself automatically as a default wallpaper (making the phone look very nice on a first experience -- I'm glad to see MS working on this! It will make a big difference to customer experience, especially prospective customers trying out the phone in a shop). These wallpapers were not present on my first installation, I think due to that 'halfway' state I was talking about.

My 930 was still hot but that's because of NFC, a mostly unnecessary feature. I always turn it off and then enjoy dramatically lower temperatures, but I have to do it again on every update because MS wants NFC to be a default-On feature. Hopefully your phone will stay cool, but if it doesn't then maybe switching off Tap To Pay and Tap To Share will help your phone too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos