Does Cortana on Build 10166 mobile work?

fabiohvsilva

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Cortana on Build 10166 mobile

Hello, my cortana don't work on windows 10 mobile 10166. She start the rings moving around, but don't say nothing to me.

mon_Wentworth

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cortana on Build 10166 mobile

Yeah I have the same issue. Since the previous build Cortana wouldn't say anything. She would answer to things using the screen, but no answer was spoken. In the latest build if I ask her anything by voice it takes forever to show the answer. I hope the next polish/improvement is on Cortana, I really miss talking to her...

Chris Hammond2

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

On my 930 Cortana won't send a text. It will if you do it straight after she has read one, but if you ask "message XXX" the screen just rolls back to the lockscreen. Oh, and still no "Hey Cortana" on 930

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't seem to have any issue, just sent a text message as I used to with 8.1, and she was like "Send message to (blabla)... What would you like to say?"

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone's Cortana made the cards much smaller, like a 2 cm/half inch black border around them? I think it just looks really weird. I hope it goes back to normal and I don't think it was due to 10166, I think it randomly happened.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No she does not work for me on my ICON, If the phone is in my pocket and I get a text, she will say "New text from <texter> do you want to read it ?" Then when she prompts for a reply, she crashes. This will result in a lock screen with nothing in it (no time or anything else).

Yesterday, I was on a call, a text came in an Cortana took over the call with her "new text from..." and blocked the caller (major bug).

Last night I was in a app, and a new text came in and I was able to reply fine.

So, yea, still a very buggy mess...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
No she does not work for me on my ICON, If the phone is in my pocket and I get a text, she will say "New text from <texter> do you want to read it ?" Then when she prompts for a reply, she crashes. This will result in a lock screen with nothing in it (no time or anything else).

Yesterday, I was on a call, a text came in an Cortana took over the call with her "new text from..." and blocked the caller (major bug).

Last night I was in a app, and a new text came in and I was able to reply fine.

So, yea, still a very buggy mess...

That happened to me using Bluetooth on 10149 and the thing was when it would announce the text the person on the call could hear it and they even said read it a couple times and Cortana read it out.

Aside from that since I updated to 10169 it doesn't do that no more and I'm able to cut that feature off if I want

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire