If Win10 Mobile now only receives polish and bug fixes, will you upgrade from 8.1 when 10 is out?

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone will upgrade. Even the ones who claim they aren't. You see the direction the platform is moving and when it's time to purchase a new device you're either going to buy into MS's vision or you're going to buy an iPhone.
I'll likely go iPhone. STILL no snapchat on wp is pathetic. it's not gong to improve. developers are LEAVING the platform. they needed to do full android app support, not this half assed porting stuff and it would have been fine. but they didn't, and developers aren't coming.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am intrigued by the idea of Andorid apps. I love WP 8.1 and if I could keep it as OS and run Android apps, that would be fantastic.
Is there a downside?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It will not be for quite awhile before I think about going to 10 on my1520. One of the main problems I have is with the Music app for 10. I use both the old hub app and the Xbox music app. They both show the art in the now playing live tile. Might be petty, but I really like seeing the art that comes with Xbox and the art I picked for the hub tile showing. I remember how long it took to get that right in 8.1. Looks like they are squeezing it out again with this Groove change.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll likely go iPhone. STILL no snapchat on wp is pathetic. it's not gong to improve. developers are LEAVING the platform. they needed to do full android app support, not this half assed porting stuff and it would have been fine. but they didn't, and developers aren't coming.
What on earth did you think Windows 10 would have to do with SnapChat? With all due respect, if something as gimmicky as snapchat is a deal breaker for you then I really don't think you're a part of MS vision anyway. Their primary target has always been productivity tools

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Most of the so called "must have" mobile apps are gimmicks though; Candy Crush, Angry Birds, Instagram.

I'd argue that the most in demand apps are banking apps. Hopefully w10 can pull some banks back into the fold. I had a rep from Chase claim they would "revisit the idea" of supporting Windows after w10 is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss