It's Dead Jim

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After many fits and starts, my 1520 looks fit enough for the road today. Thanks all for your prompt assistance and most of all the support.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Good to see your 1520 is up and running again, you really can't destroy these phones as usually that is down to user error or trying to force the preview on it :winktongue: (phones don't commit suicide, people destroy phones).

Which is a testament to Nokia's legendary build quality, granted ever since they farmed a lot of production out of Finland some have been lacking in that final hurdle of quality control.

and another tip, WPRT doesn't seem to like some usb wires, so if your having issues still, might be worth trying a different wire if you have one laying around

What your thinking about is the factory cable that came with the phone and almost all Nokia chargers (that utilize the pluggable usb socket) which ship with a supplied cable.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to me on my 1520 as well. The recovery tool managed to save it, but only through the right timing. I was worried that it was permanently trashed.

Roy Corneloues

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I've got a 1320 doing exactly the same thing. WPRT is having none of it though. Just cycles between the cogs and sad face.

Constantly hearing the laptop detect the device, then disconnect, detect, disconnect.

If I try a hard reset, I don't get the exclamation mark, just the Nokia logo going on and off, on and off.

As it's a 1320, I can't even remove the battery for a period of time.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Roy

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as Roy on my AT&T 635. When I tried updating this build, I had several issues with updating from 10149 (kept saying there was an error during download) so I decided to do a hard reset. I did that, and then when I was up and running again I checked for the 10166 update. It downloaded, but after the first reboot the frowny face reboot circle started. WPRT doesn't seem to be helping so far... guess I'll try on a different PC with a different cable and hope for the best. Anyone have any other ideas?

EDIT: oh... I'm an *****. I had it plugged into the wall charger, not the PC. D'oh!! Now WPRT found it. Haha.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 1320 doing exactly the same thing. WPRT is having none of it though. Just cycles between the cogs and sad face.

Constantly hearing the laptop detect the device, then disconnect, detect, disconnect.

If I try a hard reset, I don't get the exclamation mark, just the Nokia logo going on and off, on and off.

As it's a 1320, I can't even remove the battery for a period of time.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Roy
Its timing best I can tell. I had the same issue as the one you're having. As soon as the Recovery Tool begins to look for your device, hold the volume down and power button at the same time until it vibrates Then release. That was how it eventually connected to my 1520.

Roy Corneloues BT

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Well my timing must suck then... I still cannot get the 1320 to stay connected long enough to the PC for the WPRT to detect it.

Doesn't matter what button combination I use...

Will keep searching for solutions. Luckily it's not my main device, but our company does have over 2000 1320's so want to get to the root cause in case we see this during upgrade!

Saldatoccio

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Lumia 720 when trying to update it to latest build Windows 10 tech preview (it already was on Windows 10, but then something went wrong)... Windows Phone Recovery Tool fixed it, then I installed Windows 10 from scratch and it worked. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo