It's Dead Jim

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone recovery tool

I figured what it was after I posted the question. I've tried it and its not finding my device. I have gears which will eventually quit and then mean-mug me. I'll keep at it a little longer.

Wait! We have a heart beat. Stand by..

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, you surprised me, here I thought this was going to be another "windows mobile is dead" post.

on topic: yea, that looks savable bud, here's the link to the program everyone above me has mentioned (along with a guide made by microsoft on how to do it, though its pretty straight forward): How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

EDIT: I took to long making a the post and now its not needed haha

If this still fails, I have heard that nokia's recovery suite (don't remember if that's the actual name) is able to bring phones back from the dead when WPRT cant sometimes.

and another tip, WPRT doesn't seem to like some usb wires, so if your having issues still, might be worth trying a different wire if you have one laying around

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It's just in the timing. I had the same thing when I tried to stop the last build and got caught in that download/reboot loop. Just get to the point where it asks you to hold the power button and the volume button down to soft reset, when you phone reboots then the recovery tool will read the device and pray.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's just in the timing. I had the same thing when I tried to stop the last build and got caught in that download/reboot loop. Just get to the point where it asks you to hold the power button and the volume button down to soft reset, when you phone reboots then the recovery tool will read the device and pray.
It was timing for sure. This got it rolling finally. I'm going to see if I can't get this latest build on it but it's being stubborn.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, you surprised me, here I thought this was going to be another "windows mobile is dead" post.

on topic: yea, that looks savable bud, here's the link to the program everyone above me has mentioned (along with a guide made by microsoft on how to do it, though its pretty straight forward): How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

EDIT: I took to long making a the post and now its not needed haha

If this still fails, I have heard that nokia's recovery suite (don't remember if that's the actual name) is able to bring phones back from the dead when WPRT cant sometimes.

and another tip, WPRT doesn't seem to like some usb wires, so if your having issues still, might be worth trying a different wire if you have one laying around

I try to keep only the better wires in the house. We had more than a few around here and when I find them I get rid of em. Thanks.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
It was timing for sure. This got it rolling finally. I'm going to see if I can't get this latest build on it but it's being stubborn.

Same sad face happened when I hard resetted my phone on new build,went back to 8.1,stopped all apps from downloading but downloaded insider apps,went to 10166 just fine,no need to hard reset now,seems hard resetting causes issues with many People's phones this build.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I get this just trying to do a full reset of my 1520. Doesn't appear its coming out of it this time.
View attachment 108351

View attachment 108350

Same freaking problem here on my ICON, installed 10166, Then HARD reset (to clear up issues) and the EXACT same thing happened to me. The spinning gears than about 1-5 min later, the sad face.

Using the Recovery tool works fine to get the phone working again but, I wanted to try 10166, not 8.1....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Same freaking problem here on my ICON, installed 10166, Then HARD reset (to clear up issues) and the EXACT same thing happened to me. The spinning gears than about 1-5 min later, the sad face.

Using the Recovery tool works fine to get the phone working again but, I wanted to try 10166, not 8.1....

I'm at the "and it will be worth the wait..." screen. I hope this one finally works. What's interesting is, my 920 and my HTC M8 went flawlessly but the phone I want to use wants flowers, candy and dinner first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss