wired selfie stick support for windows phone

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
With Windows Phone 8.1 update 2,Windows Phome recieved support for Bluetooth Selfie sticks but now please add support for Wired slefie stick wherein when selfie stick button pressed,the photo would be clicked via giving command to volume up key which in turn would click a photo.So in short please just add support for clicking photo by jist clicking the volume key
Please vote here
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...-wired-selfie-stick-support-for-windows-phone

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
With Windows Phone 8.1 update 2,Windows Phome recieved support for Bluetooth Selfie sticks but now please add support for Wired slefie stick wherein when selfie stick button pressed,the photo would be clicked via giving command to volume up key which in turn would click a photo.So in short please just add support for clicking photo by jist clicking the volume key

You do realise that this website has nothing to do with Microsoft, don't you?

I would ask why though, there are some fads I want to see stick around but the selfie stick is not one of them!!!

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
You do realise that this website has nothing to do with Microsoft, don't you?

I would ask why though, there are some fads I want to see stick around but the selfie stick is not one of them!!!
Ohh sorry I forgot to add the uservoice link to vote

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
For the wired version that sends a "volume up key" command, it's a matter of Windows Phone adding support. It's a matter of the various camera apps adding support for it. They need to add support for Volume up to snap the shutter. Not a big deal, but it would have to be programmed in.

I'm not really sure if any have that support, but if they did, then it should work with any version of Windows Phone 8.1, not just update 2.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
For the wired version that sends a "volume up key" command, it's a matter of Windows Phone adding support. It's a matter of the various camera apps adding support for it. They need to add support for Volume up to snap the shutter. Not a big deal, but it would have to be programmed in.

I'm not really sure if any have that support, but if they did, then it should work with any version of Windows Phone 8.1, not just update 2.

Nope Microsoft has not given api only to do this otherwise all major camera apps would support this in store the way it has been supported by alot of apps in android and iphone stores

kennJohn

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I found an app in the Microsoft store (free) called Vocal Camera which solved the selfie problem in seconds.
I downloaded it on my Samung ATIV SE 8.1, installed it in seconds, opened it and took photos immediately.
It has shoot, flash on, front, back commands which work great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs